Sunday, 15 September 2013

Lino Cuts- My Favourite Tools at the Moment.....

 
 
 
One of the things I love doing in the Art Room is lino cuts...
I think these are my favourite tools at the moment, mainly because of cutting a  out 'stamps'...
 
Each Christmas, my cards are created from the prints of lino cuts, and lately, I've got quite the collection of images cut that I've sketched out first and crafted...
(I've turned over a big piece of Lino Cut to place the little cut image and scraps))
The tools I use are very old and still very sharp.
If you ever decide  trying lino cutting - make sure you always angle the knife away from you and your hands.






 
 
The printing of these shapes will turn up in projects soon....
It sure does beat searching for stamps and its more your own work (wink)
 
 
 

9 comments:

Julia said...

Cool..I love your leaves. Lino cutting is on my "list of things to do" :o)

Julia

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee these!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Look at you!!! Never done this. I'd end up with Lino cut off fingers!!!!!! Now, I want a Giveaway with some unique Mandy Lino stamps up for grabs:):):) they really do look totally BRILL!!!!!

Chantelle said...

oh these are gorgeous stamps - love all of them - clever creative you :)

Lizzyc said...

That is amazing, I have not heard of that before, I have learnt something new here!

Deb said...

This is very clever. I love that little heart one.

libbyquilter said...

LOVE your lino cuts and now i'm feeling arty and inspired~!
thank you.

:-)
libbyQ

Debbi Tehrani said...

Wow! These are so cool!

lehtipollo said...

Love your lino cut stamps!