Sunday, 8 September 2013

Skissedilla, Mixed Media, Counterfeit Kits.... a busy day!

 
 
Boy oh boy, has the mojo been scrapping happy at my house.
It's been a long time since I sat down to my table and just scrapped all afternoon and into the night.
The letting go of a lot of scrappy commitments and getting back to scrapping 'just because' has turned out to be the best move I've made in a long time.
It's been ages since I've just scrapped full LO's all at once other than Project Life...
so that's been fun alternating between the two. 
 
ANYway...... this is the fun I had last night.....
 
 
 
Had fun with gauze-fibre, gesso, stamps, sequins and kindyglitz...
Paige with an albino wallaby... she inched her way closer and closer, bent to show a kiss..
The wallaby was as curious as Paige... It was as if they were caught up in their own little world for a moment.
Then of course, it hopped away.
 
here is the sketch
 
 

 -------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
Challenge #7
Using the three colours below as main colours and at least 2 different mediums.

 
Using patterned Kraft paper,  went with stamping paint in the kraft colour, orange and yellow.  Also over stamping lightly with black stazon ink to give a tiny bit of definition and using fine tip pen to draw veins in the leaves and journaling. The colours reminded me of autumn and decided to go with plantlife...
The leaves kinda just fell down the page.  Some 7gypies drippage helped with a tinge of green along with some sparkle of sequins and gemstones.
Our very lucky 'Maggie' who absconded twice and we got her back both times...each time so thankful she was home.... starving!  So much so, she's never done it again.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 -------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Project Complete...... something that has been sitting around for awhile - finish it off...
 
I certainly have a couple of those and went with this one....


Blacky, sitting in his 'spot' - he watches everything and suns himself too.
I'm trying to remember to do more pages on our animals




 
Also there was an extra Kit Challenge... and this was to find a 2013 CHA paper kit and counterfeit it along with 5 embellies.  I really love the chalkboard products that the manufacturers are putting out at the moment and had already had a little bit of a buy... so was really happy to put this challenge to use!
I love the black, blue and apricot colours in Teresa Collins Memorabilia
 
Here's my kit made up of some CHA goodies, and also some older papers that fit.




okay a tad more than 5 emellies... who can help it???
 
 Soooooooo I've had a ton of fun....
 
 
Sadly... its now off to do housework!
 
xx
 

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee the butterflies and the mesh material on the first one ... and that one with the leaves!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! You should sooooooo enter that in Laurel's challenge ... http://theseinspiredchallenges.blogspot.ca/2013/09/inspired-by-87.html

Jay said...

I am visiting your blog in response to my OBW blog...thanks for the comments..love your pictures...very fun challenges!! I love your comment about being on the opposite sides of the world! I think our school started in the fall by tradition of being, in the beginning, an agricultural country...fall being the end of harvest with the long winter ahead. That is one of the things I love about visiting and being visited by others around the world...the sharing of customs etc!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous collection of projects! Love the cascading leaves and pretty sequins sprinkled about! Thanks for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Isbaha said...

Your work is so beautiful ! The mixed-media layout is amazing, love all the details on these pretty fall leaves.
Your cat layout is gorgeous, the colors are so happy, love the design !
And your CHA kit is wonderful, such an inspiring kit to work with, can't wait to see what you will do with it !

Lizzyc said...

These are stunning, I really love the back ground in your first one, the second is amazing, and love the third one with all the strips.. wonderful creating.. and the house work is always there!!

Julie said...

Holy smokes missy these are just awesome. I have yet to look at the CHA kit chal and will do that tonight I think. I may even give the sketch one a try too.

Sue Lelli said...

ALL are FAB! Your leaves and birds and sequins with the stitching made one FABULOUS page! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Stacy said...

Wow, you created some beautiful layouts! LOVE the texture & little details on each one.

Julene Matthews said...

Gorgeous layout of Blackie with all those interesting strips.(Must remember that technique)
Wonderful kit of chalkboard elements. I have some but are "Too scared to use them". I will end up digging them out when it goes out of fashion.LOL
Glad to have you back on board at CKC.

Julia Aston said...

Love all of your pages - each so different and so creative!

Lizzy Hill said...

Sooooo glad you're 'getting your scrap on'....bout time!!!!! And my favest is the one of your cat.....just magical:):):)

kate blue said...

all I can say is WOW! You make me wanna get out of my sick bed and stamp and stickle some paper!