What a year 2018 has been, so much has happened and even though, I managed to find the most wonderful cover for my December Daily.
OH MY GOSH,
be still my heart!
Cover and Base Pages
(and inside the cover)
I bought this off etsy 'Leah Rose Designs Too' I was so lucky to receive only one of a few Nora made. I was besotted as soon as I saw it, and was able to custom order what I wanted in the embroidery, along with the 'December 2018'. Why it captured me so much is because I lost my beloved 'Blackie' in May this year and my heart is broken. He has been in every December Daily since I started them (2007) and this remembrance will be his last.
Inside the covers was an A4 hardcover note book with ruled pages, so out come those signatures.
I kept the hard cover because my Christmassy paper signatures will take its place! Managed to learn how to stitch the signatures together off youtube!
I managed to use all kinds of Christmas papers collected over the years, lots of favourites!
Inside the covers (we also lost our rescue Sparrow - 'Chirp' in March)
I placed Blackie where it looked like he was looking at the embroidered little cat
Then to cheer things up, did an introductory page of and image to suit my three girls.
I managed to put their names on their santa hats! Sparkly red thicker alphas on Basic Grey paper finishes it off
1st and 2nd
This December Daily is truly about using up all sorts of bits and pieces I have held onto for years!
3rd and 4th
5th and 6th
Stamped out some banner pieces and strung it together with butterfly washi tape
Paige's birthday - we went to an elephant sanctury - it was so beautiful!
7th & 8th
9th & 10th
11th and 12th
Love the Christmas tree patterned paper, it was perfect to showcase some of the ornaments I bought in Thailand.
13th and 14th
15th & 16th
17th & 18th
19th
I think from this page on, I realised that I've created too many pages in the signatures and could spread the days out by using one day on two pages. Also, I only usually finish my DD's a day or two after Christmas. I strung it out to the very end of December LOL - had space to fill!
My friend Tania makes the most beautiful cards, and if I can use them to love seeing them all over again, I will put them in an album. Her Art one to me was perfect for this page - she so clever!
20th
Thought the door was a great addition as Meaghan managed to come home for Christmas!
We had to let Santa know !
21st
It was really nice to do a couple blue pages! A couple of years ago, I tried to stick to one colour for a December Daily, but I forgot and mindlessly scrapped away with other colours - it would take discipline, something I dont have when it comes to crafting lol!
22nd
My, my, Hannah is ready to buy her first home. I cut out some of the holly leaves from the opposite page and framed the new house with them.
23rd
I use a lot of washi tape in my albums, they make great borders!
24th
The 'Fave Moment' is a project-life card, I've just used the craft knife to cut around the sentiment and them slipped the photo underneath.
25th
It was nice to be able to do an introductory page into Christmas. Our day is so busy and we travel from one end of the state to the other - yes on Christmas day.
Had a wonderful big Christmas diecut to use!
Yay for using lots of diecuts!
Tags always makes great frames for photos too.
I was crabby with myself as I didnt take many photos with my family. So I just had to use the blurry crappy ones I did get. Still, its a good memory.
26th
27th
The whimsical Christmas tree stamps were cut out and coloured with Smooch Pearlised Accent Ink (they actually look like fingernail polish containers - but boy are they great to use!)
28th
Lots of good use of diecuts!
29th
Love using Glassine Bags - they have a slight transparency about them, it looks like the little tags are spilling out.
30th
Fancy Pants 'Stocking' paper was great to use as background, but also to fussy cut some out to use on the opposite page too.
31st
Just simple strips of washi tape made a feature of these two pages
(sometimes I have smooge some information out....sorry)
AND......... back at home....
Hannah put in a contract on the house...and it was accepted!
What a way to finish the year!
Then, just to finish off the DD's back page...
Done!
Happy December!!
XX








































3 comments:
This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that door!! Have a fun trip!!!!!
This looks fabulous, love the country door look.. and have a wonderful trip!!
Oooh! Love the woodsy look on your tag...card...DD dec...meanwhile HOW EXCITING - hope you have a wonderful OS jaunt.... glad your 'busy dancing season' is behind you & bring on the restful break after/during your holiday! I thought of you the other day....& Julie....found a couple of old Little Golden Books!!! Christmas Blessings xoxo
Post a Comment