Wednesday, 14 December 2016

2007 December Daily - Completed

   
Yes that's right...
2007
 
You probably all know how smitten I am with scrapping December in many ways!
And have always said I wish I'd known about December Dailys before starting them in 2009.
I've looked at what photos I have for 2007 (thank goodness for the digital age!) and sure enough - there were photos for an album!  Nonetheless, its a joy re-living older memories of my family and particularly the girls..

So here it is
 
Primarily I'm using a Tim Holtz large Worn Cover (9"x6 1/2") with refills (8x6) with its matching plastic inserts and binder rings.

Here's my cover 
 
  
 
 
Another quick solution to getting a December Album done...
is pick a Paper Collection Kit
I've chosen 'MME Sleighbells Ring' as I love the colours & patterns- it just appealed

I grabbed these matching Decorative Tags and see the black one...weeeeell, that fit PERFECTLY (by accident) in the circle frame on the front of the album! Imagine that!! Without even trying!  
 
 
I'll definitely be including the other tags throughout the pages too. 
 (I've put dimensional magic on the vines and around the wreath on the round tag and the word banner 'Noel'
The number '25' Enamel Shapes is also from the Sleighbells Ring range and for sure the rest will come in handy too!
 
 
And did you notice the fabulous ivy vine diecut 'Mega Holly Flourish' on the front of the album?  It is one of the more expensive dies, buuuuut... I've used it over and over, I've dimensional magic-ed it, I've pulled it apart and used bits of it, I've used all kinds of paper and colours too on so many projects.   Its one of those general 'go-to' Christmas dies!
So after a while... its worth it!  Its about 18cms long - fabulous!
 
 
 
Will be using these little treat bags - CUTE!
 
 
And the washie tape!  It comes in a pack  and I've taken a proper good look pic below, seeing it out like that does it more justice doesn't it!
   

 
 Hmmmn, other things I might use are.... sequins!  They are sparkly and gorgeous!
 
They will make amazing shaker pockets (with the sequins!!!!)  
 
 
 COVERS (inside and out)
 Not a lot of work needs to be done for these covers as they are pretty much done for us!
The vine looks fabulous with some Dimensional Magic  on it - it comes into its own as an embellishment (the photo shows it in its not quite dry form.  There is one dry layer, and then I've put on a second layer...just on once side of each leaf to give it more of a 3-D effect
 
 
which I pulled apart to make it go further for underneath the tag
 
 
Then the tag goes on top to finish it off
 
It also got a good dose of Dimensional Magic too!
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Inside Cover:
Have you found a pretty Christmas Napkin...
as this can go along the entire length of the inside cover.. (or any album you choose)
Here's a part of it as an overview... 



Usually napkins are two ply, so pull the bottom layer away from the top patterned layer. 

 
 
Then with a wet brush, paint with water along where you'd like to tear your napkin
 
 
 
So here is where it will be placed... right along the bottom of the inside cover.
If you look closely, you'll see a join... but that will become in visible

 
The fun part!   Using a Matt Gel  we'll adhere the napkin piece to the cover...
 
Paint underneath where the napkin will go with the matte gel...
 
then on top of the napkin to seal it :)
 
and here it is right along the inside cover
(and the darker grey inking is already there- its the way the cover comes)
 
 
Next is the stencilling of the word 'REMEMBER'
 
  
A stencil 

 
 
I had a little practice with on a spare piece of paper before I did it for real on my album...
Got to say it worked a treat....  The tub is' Inka Gold - Graphite' (I think I have every colour in Inka Gold because I love it so much!!)  (don't be fooled by the 'Gold' bit - its just a name, not a colour - don't know why?) 
 
 
I did rub this in a second time to get it to go a little darker.
The Inka Gold dries quite fast and suggest you keep the lid on your tub.
 
  
Then rubbed the Inka Gold Graphite around the edges of my inside cover, added Dimensional Magic  over the word 'Remember' and that really raised it up a treat too. And added in the bar with the rings on too.  Some sequins to top it off!  
 
 ------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love a transparency page and a bit of sequin!
 
   
First up is the transparency shaker page..
 
 
and picked out two 7x5 sized transparency 
 
 
And folded the paper in half, measured and cut a frame  

Put a  heap of sequins on top of one of the overlays
glue the edges of the other overlay and stick it down on the other


 
All colour matched with the napkin that had been pasted and sealed inside the cover
 
 
  
Next is Day 1
 
 
 
These different sizes and orientations  come with the covers and I've used
the bottom left one

 First is a little sequin pocket  on the lower right side
It can be sealed in a number of ways :-  fuse tool, vellum tape, sewn, bit of glue


And using some leftover of the woodgrain paper as a little title block 

 
This little pine die is fabulous - another die that I use heaps

  Which worked a treat... 

 
 
Amazing what a little bit of sparkle brings to the page :)
 
----------------------------------------------


DAY 2
and I've used the reverse side of the pocket page and the little sequin shaker will be just as wonderful on this side of the page as it was on Day 1 (big smile)
 
 
Love the washi!

And love both these labels and alphas
  

Got to love puffy stickers too!
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
 
DAY 3
is a treat bag turned into a pocket  of tags with photos on the front...

I think I'll use another one of these bags again in this album for sure


And folding down the top of the bag - the white on the reverse side looked stark and unappealing so thought I'd cut out a couple of small strips to fit both top and bottom edges of the bag... at first I thought I'd like to use the black tartan on the lower side, and the gingham on the top... but.....



I didn't like the tartan and the gingham much, so two edges of the gingham looked so much better!


The stickers in this sheet are wonderful!
 
Now the bag is done,  time for the tags..
 
Remember we used one of the black round tags on the front cover
 
 And like everything, using this ink to edge and distress everything


 
the reverse sides



 
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
DAY 4
 
The reverse side of the treat bag,
Its great to catch your pets a little bit festive if you can,
although you can tell by 'Cosmo's' face - he is not happy with the hat-thing!





Here's the treat bag set into the album with the other completed pages behind
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
  DAY 5


 This is one piece of paper, cut in half.  I measured it against the plastic pocket page in the album to get the right size.  Normally I would have folded the paper over, but because of the print, if you fold, the other side of the pocket page would be upside down.  So cut two which included the manufacturers strip down the bottom (otherwise it would have been too short)

BUT, the lovely washi tape covers that! 



Then made an insert - this cardstock matched beautifully(and I love the texture and quality!)
 The corner rounder tool came in handy
 
There were a few photos of Paige's little school concert, so put them together on the insert, which included a flip up as well. Sitting so far away from the stage, these pics were never going to be good shots... but none the less, still memories.


 
 
----------------------------------------------
 
  DAY 6
The other side of the insert....
Sometimes pages can be simple and you don't need to be an artist to draw a half ruled, half freehand frame like a picture hanging on a wall...
  I used little red dots - kind of replicates Rudoph's nose!
 
---------------------------------------------
 
DAY 7
The outside of the pocket page again,
this time I've used those dots on the red dots of the paper...which accidently made a cool effect!
 
 
---------------------------
 
DAY 8
Two of the different orientations of the Tim Holtz inserts that go with the album
 
   



The strip orientation of a couple of the pages are perfect for that title,
or even a sequin/sparkle shaker if you seal them!  
 

 
-------------------------
 Day 9
Trimming the tree....
It's another 'paper pocket page'  I really loved how the last one turned out and the fact that cardstock inserts can be made to fit in them as well ... so here we are....

 
Here's a photo of the last pocket page (I used it to measure by)
This time I just folded over the 12x12" paper as no 'upside down' on the other side -writing like the green paper, will happen this time.
You can see that the manufacturers strip is there - it works

This is on the inside but know one will see it.....

Because I cut it out and left only a little bit on the lefthand side.
It looks more like a file now.  I've used the same washi tape  again
because its quite wide and it covers both sides of the paper generously.




Then make an insert... 


See how it sits nicely into the pocket...just like a file :)



 
And really want to use these ones except need to cut the bottoms off them....


 
Except.. oopsies on the black frame... didnt need to cut that.. but this lovely washi worked a treat covering the mistake up
 

------------------------------------------------------ 
Now with
DAY 10
Here's the insert that will go in the pocket...
 


 And this is how it looks pushed all the way in....  just like a file :)

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
DAY 11
  I try to keep any sort of insert scrapping flat so that nothing gets caught when its taken out or put back in.... just for ease of movement.

------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 12
 
This is the back of the pocket page.  I loved this little Christmas sign from
and hung it like a little sign pegged up with an enamel dot

 
I don't know whether you can see this or not, but the twine ( has a little fine wire in it and little sequins attached.  Love this and will use it more.

 
There we are... the insert just leaning out of the pocket

 -------------------------------------------------------
 
DAY 13
Did lose a lot of light here for photos ... nevertheless, its still visable! (grimace!)
 
Poor Cosmo, anyone would think he is hard doneby!  I loved the words from the Joyous stickers...
one said 'hohoho' which I'm sure Cosmo is saying sarcastically!  And the other was 'Just a simple wish' ... from me... 'just smile Cosmo, its just a bit of plastic ivy!' 
 But as you can see.... 'Not happy Jan'!
For a cat, he was one of the most expressive I've ever had (and the most vocal!)  

 
Very carefully placed the paper tag part inside the plastic pocket, and the brads pushed through (with help of craft knife) from the front of the pocket - these alleviates the pockets puckering. And its also 'see-through'  - that's always appealing :)


 ---------------------------------------
 
DAY 15
 
A transparency!


This is a Fancy Pants Transparency and I love it!
Dont be fooled by the 'blue' background!  Why do manufacturers do this kind of thing!??
There is nothing blue about this overlay AT all!  It's CLEAR!  Its a 12x12 

You might notice there is no tree on my page as I've cut it down to measure with
my cover  and the tree was too tall - so ended up using that part for another project!
Yes you can cut these things apart - sometimes its cheaper than embellishments!!
LoVE pompom trim! 

The little green window is my kitchen window, and I wanted to see the photo on either side of the transparency page so printed it out on 'ink jet' friendly transparency.  I got mine from an office supply shop.  Inkjet printer ink doesn't set on ordinary plastics.  Its an idea if you want to play with it :)
The photo actually looks washed out here in the pics, but in real life its quite vibrant.  The camera just doesn't pick it up well. 
 
 
I stitched along the edge to keep it in place and here's the pompom poking out
(though it could be glued)
 
and when the album is closed
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
DAY 16, 17 & 18
I've put these three days together as they share the one pocket page with the
16th being the front of the little Treat Bag
17th an insert and
18th the reverse side of the insert.
Everything has been inked
 
 
 I've glued them together making red this side and black the other.

 
  
The Wish List!
These are just hand made with little number stamps from long ago
The gold clip is hand made... just an oversized gold paper clip, glue gun and a button!

The reverse side of the insert...
(hmmn, need to cover the back part of the clip!!)
 
All done and tucked away!
 
 --------------------------------------------------------------
 
DAY 19
The black cardstock(reverse) side of the envelope page
Trying to make light of a mood.... (smily face)

So thought I'd have some fun with this and snipped of the joining piece down the bottom of the antlers and then stuck them either side of Hannah's head! (and the red dot for Hannah's nose)

LOL, it sure does bring a giggle now!! 

------------------------------------------------------------
 
Day 20
It's always great to try and capture some of your favourite decorations.
Some change over the years, some stay.
 
 
This paper is full of fabulous words that can easily be made into
 embellishments or journaling cards etc. 
I found the word 'Falalala' just the most perfect size for the strip pocket!


 
A couple of the page inserts show these 'strips'  which are great for titles or shaker pockets or even using washi tape!
Just had to add a little black cardstock to the ends of the word so it would fit the strip pocket okay.
 

 
 
And here is the whole lot of pages from just this post....closed and piled up on each other.
 
 
 --------------------------------------------
 
DAY 21
This is the reverse to day 20, and the long strip down the middle became a shaker using quite large gold sequins 


I absolutely adore these Crazy Cat Stamps by Tim Holtz.  They suit my very shy scaredy cat and his antics to avoid anything and everything at all cost!
 
 
Stamp the image onto the paper, and using a brush with a dab of water onto your mixed media mat and  brush it over Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink, and place the tip into the dab of water...colour to the darkness of black (or other colour) you might like, then use that to paint your image.


 
 
 
   ---------------------------------------------------------
 
DAY 22
 
Another handmade page. 

The black cardstock is glued to the back of the patterned paper.  This will become the next page for the 23rd once flipped over.
The green cardstock is torn and glued kind of like a side pocket wtih the photo slid somewhat into it.  This gives us a plain base to do something fun.
 
 
Especially for this 'Bare Christmas Tree' die has an array of little bits to put with the tree,
but I stuck with the little bows and cut quite a few along with the 'present box' which I turned into a container for the tree to stand up in!  Just needs a little ink.
 
Here it is decked out with its little bows.

 ----------------------------------------------------------
 
 DAY 23
A 'cooking' day where each little picture says something especially when its became a tradition
And its a pretty straight forward easy page
Using washi tape like this makes it look like each little photo is stuck up on a wall. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 24
Christmas Eve
Two little sleepy heads asleep in bed....   used the reindeer names washi tape as they are visiting tonight
 
 
------------------------------------------------
 
Whoohoo!!
 
DAY 25!
This page is the reverse side of the pocket page above 

STILL Christmas day
(I usually have more than one page for the 25th)
 
This is my favourite paper from the kit .  
I've added a little bit of tiny pom pom trim on the edge. 


This packet of word dies is fantastic!! 
 Doubly with sparkly glitter paper - ooh!

--------------------------------------------------
 
That's it!!  All done!
To finish with...here's a side view of the album
 
 What a joy!
 
I hope you've managed to do some Holiday Season scrapping too!
 
xx

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Wow you have been busy.. your album looks wonderful and with all the tips and hints i am sure anyone can create a DD... great photos, love the embellies, and special memories.. well done..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How awesome you were able to go back and do this album!! I love love love love it! LOVING how you added the napkin and all the shakers for the sequins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracey said...

Wow...love your December daily! One year I hope to complete one ? The napkin looks fabulous, great idea, really pretty cover too! And.......thank you for visiting me :)

Lizzy Hill said...

I can't BELIEVE you are doing TWO albums at the same time. Mouth has hit the floor here! LOOOOOVe this one. Adore those little bags, the transparencies and the sequins are all soooo delish! And I really, really like the PL style. Think I'm going to move to that next year. Except I have so many little notebooks waiting to be used....sigh. ANYWAYS I reckon this will look amazing & I reckon looking back & scrapping these photos must bring a HEAP of joy :):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This looks absolutely AMAZING! I love it all!!!!!!!!!