Tuesday, 14 December 2010

CHRISTMAS PROJECTS

More December Daily Pages!!

Poor Cosmo - went to the vet and on antibiotics... and had a saline flush through!
He's looking a bit better now. (he's 18yrs)

Trimming the Tree!

 Paige had a violin concert and Nan came to visit

More to come.... catching up well!

--------------------------------

A LINO PRINT TUTORIAL

Every year I try do my Christmas Cards with Lino cut printing.
Here's how I make them...
These tools to chisel out the lino
You also have to work out what you want printed on the page the negative or the positive...
the chiseled put bits are the negative.

Load up the roller with paint

Roll it over the lino cut

Until its all covered

Then using a brayer (or you can press down with your hands) roll it over the upturned lino cut

Here I did it on silver foil paper and it came out a treat  (sorry about the flash glare but it does look wonderful in real life)

Of course - choose any colour.  Run the lino cut under water to clean and load up again with paint.

A card with red

And a card with green

And here is another cut I did in the background

And here in a different colour

And a again...

My bird Lino cut...

---------------------------------------

And to finish off with a LO... (non christmassy!)
Paige as a six yr old.



14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Mandy...your pages are AMAZING...and those cards!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!! Just STUNNING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

yyam said...

Oh wow! Your pages are stunning! And what an awesome technique for those Christmas cards! :) Just beautiful! :)

Jolanda said...

amazing work,the cards and the L/O's!!What a beauty the card with the bird!!Ans the last L/O,amazing!!!
I always love to look on your blog,your style is so cool!!
Have a nice day and thanks for sharing!!

Sasya said...

hi, Mandy!!! so many gorgeous projects!! i especially love your cute christmas trees and the LO, it is stunning! :)

Peggy said...

Gorgeous projects Mandy, all of them! I love your christmas cards, I bet they are even more spectacular in real life!
I hope all is well with Cosmo ... 18 years old, that's quite a respectable age!!!
Have a wonderful week my friend!
Love xxx Peggy

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mandy...the LO's are just stunning and the cards.....WOWZA.....just awesome!!!

Wishing you a great one sweet friend!!!

Lean said...

wauw lovely work and a cool way to make your christmas cards.
byebey,Lean

jacque4u2c said...

The layouts are stunning!!! I love these coll techniques too!

Sar said...

Stunning work, you are so clever!!

Sandra D said...

I absolutely love the lino prints - they look amazing! Thanks for dropping in on me ... and sadly, no scrapping lately - just so busy with real work. Hopefully soon I'll get back into some cards and scrapping too.

jenny said...

Gorgeous DD pages Mandy and LOVE your lino prints... your cards look wonderful...

Jenny x

Chantal said...

Wow Mandy - such gorgeous work here! I love your lino-cut work - I remember that in Art at school - it was so much fun!!! Your cards are so lovely! I love the bird one heaps. Always love your creations! :D

P.S. Thanks for your super nice comment on my blog!

xx

Cathy said...

WOW Mandy, absolutely gorgeous!! You are so very clever!!

Jasmine S said...

Your December daily is just looking fabbo. There is so much work in there. Cant wait to see the rest of it.