Sunday, 29 September 2013

Our Beautiful World, Piasknownica Mapka

 
 
I'm just sneaking this in with probably an hour to go!
  
Weeeeeeeeeeeell, that's a bit hard to do here as it's Spring, so had to side step it a teeny bit, but at the same time make it relevant..... so here's how this happened...
 
'Fall' - a nest to the ground.......   a discarded nest.
It even has little dried up leaves in it, found in the Art garden and taken inside to the studio to study and draw....
I have such a love for nests... how clever little birds are....
 
 
 
It motivates sketching.....the colours....pastel pencils (LOVE them!)



 
My perspective of the nest where I sit to sketch is different to the camera angle of the photograph and now I see the photograph upon uploading... hmmmm... think I like that angle better...
this is not finished... its just started....  see the little autumn leaves though...
I managed to create 'Fall' after all!
 
 
It was such a lovely surprise to see that my little beetle photo got chosen last week as the favourite
 
thanks so much!!
 
To take part in the next challenge
click
 
There's so much inspiration there....
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 


 
  Scrapową Mapką.


Not very often I scrap me (rolling eyes)  this was a few Christmases ago, yet to write in which year cos I cant remember.  I remember though at the time, thinking - ugh, I take such yuck pics... but the older me now looks back and I don't see that at all!  I've never been one for make-up - nope... it's  reserved for going out on those dressed-up occasions... even then... I don't own lipstick, or mascara. And hair.... weeeeell, if it takes more then 3 minutes to do - its too long!  I guess, I'm no fuss.  Interestingly though.... none of my three daughters have a habit of wearing make-up either.  It's funny how a quiet influence takes place without words....... 
 
---------------------------------
 
 
Now we are on school holidays for the next two weeks....
YAY!!!
 
 
 

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving your sketch and your lo!! I love love love that blue texture and the butterflies!!!!

Deb said...

Ooooooooo! That little nest is fabulous. Love your layout....totally gorgeous.

Shahrul Niza said...

Absolutely stunning find!!. Precious nest, how lovely that the bird has gathered pieces of leaves from seasons ago!. Beautiful sketching, Mandy :). And OMG, that is one precious layout. LOVE LOVE the blue textured paper stitched on the background, perfect composition. Thanks so much for this lovely share at Our Beautiful World. You made it!

Ros Crawford said...

That is such a lovely photo ... how beautiful that nest is ... and I love your page too! Thanks so much for sharing at Our Beautiful World!

Lizzyc said...

Yes I am amazed at how birds make nests and what they use in the construction too at times! well done on your beetle photo, and your layout looks really lovely!! beautiful natural photo!!