Friday, 12 October 2012

Reinventing the old 'Manilla Folder'

 
Here's a fun way of doing up the old 'manilla folder'. I bought some coloured ones, and as they didnt have singular tabs across the top... I cut some into them...
Then it was fun play with Dabbers (taking the lid off and using a brush) and Stencils!

For Hannah's Folder the products used were The CraftersWorkshop 'Aspen Trees' Stencil (love love love this one!!) with Pool-blue Dabber (sold out) but there is Aqua and Juniper which are close in colour.
Image

For Paige's Folder. I used Chevron stencil and Snow White Dabber
Image


And for Meaghan's Folder - Chicken Wire stencil and Terra-cotta Dabber (sold out) but there is a lighter one Peach Bellini or even go red with Red Peper
Image

Once the stenciling dried, draw with a fine liner for definition of the image. I've also glued down the ends of the folder so they become more of a 'slip-in' folder rather than everything 'slipping out' :lol: :lol:
Each of the folders have a little window transparency - they are from My Minds Eye and are fabulous. THe ones I have are long gone from the Scrap Therapy shop - but  there are quite a few different ones in the shop - just do a search in the 'Search Products' box on the upper right hand side once there - (copy and paste this - My Minds Eye Transparency ) and you'll see all the fabby ones that would be great for pockets!

The little lace doily name tags are a die - Dizzy Doily its my absolute favourite!! I have used this over and over! (any scrap paper - I'll run off in my Big Shot and pop in a box for later - and find I've always got my hand in it! The doily can be removed from the little window... and then the folder can be used for something else. Any tag or journal block will do just as well there too.

Alpha - LOVE Lilybee Design - for Hannah and Meaghan's names.
Webster alpha for Paige


This idea would be a great project for teenagers wanting to do up their school files... or if you'd love to do some for your primary school kids too! :P Maybe they could be used for some fabby scrap files too!

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What an AWESOME idea and they turned out AMAZING!! I love them!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

How fun!

Dora said...

Great idea! At this moment I have something like this, and thought about make a mini with it!

ann said...

Great idea and love the colours !!

Julie H said...

What a fun idea, and the colours are great!

Lizzyc said...

Those folders look really great!

joyce said...

You're so clever. These are just awesome.