Sunday, 28 October 2012

Bye Bye Little Booky

 
 
 
If you know anything about me, you would know how much I love little birds.
And not only do we have Maggie our very adventurous Cockatiel, but also four lovely little finches.
We found 'Booky' our fawn female finch down the bottom of her cage, and a very sad mate crying on his perch above her.
 
We started off with 'Scrappy' (quite a little story)
And she was lonely so Hannah and I went to the pet shop and got her a friend. There wasnt any grey zebra finch males only fawn female ones, so we got her 'Booky'
 Booky
 
 
 
They were great friends
 
But they need mates - male mates...
 
Here's the story on getting 'Croppy and Inky'
 
Scrappy eventually passed away, and we got 'Stampy' who took up with Inky
 
Here's Booky with her mate 'Croppy'  and now Croppy is sad without his mate
 
We got Booky towards the end of 2008, so for a little finch... her time had come.
Bye bye Booky
 
It's always sad losing a pet, even if its a little bird.
 
 
 


7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwww so sorry :(

Julia said...

oh I'm so sorry Mandy {{hugs}} I have finches, canaries and budgies and know how much my heart hurts when they die *sniff* I'm thinking of you {{hugs}}

Lizzyc said...

Oh when any pet leaves us it is sad, and your layout is really lovely!

Scrappinchez said...

So sad for you Mandy, but I know Booky had a great life with you.

Natalie Hall said...

So sad! It's amazing how pets become part of our family in no time. I love your layout and the names you've given your birds are priceless.

jacque4u2c said...

So sad, so sorry.

Lizzy Hill said...

So sad - it's their personality, their 'being there' you miss...even little birdies are all different:):)