Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Get Creative Card Challenges

 
 
The month
is doing a heap of card challenges.
I'm by no means any sort of cardie, but I love to have a go and when stocks are low in my card box, then its time to fill it up.
I've had a wondeful time working with the criteria of each of the challenges.  Techniques, products etc, that I'd completely forgotten about.
 
So here's what I've played with:
 
 
Here' I've doodled my daisies and the border.... the coloured petals and leaves are with watercolour pencils




 
Any sort of birthday card






This is one I struggle with cos being a Shabby Scrapper... crisp clean lines arent usually part of it!
However, this is as close to the criteria I can get without compromising my love of Shabby... and I love how its turned out!





Irini's Sketch Challenge AND IT WON!!!
These leaves I made by pressing real leaves into paint and then cutting out the leaves. Some took a couple of layers of paint to give a 'mottley' look.  THen fold the points of the leaves a little to 3D them.





 
 
This is to use washi tape on your card.



 
 
This chipboard has been in my stash forever!!  So glad to finally use it!






I've used my Maya Road resist... This bottle is needle sharp, but allows a fine details.
Here I've painted on a daisy with it...





 


Painted over with gesso




Sprayed with mist, then rubbed of the resist 'rubber' with my fingers.
It was nice to play with this technique again.
 
 
 
Thanks to the girls at Get Creative...
its been very motivating and inspiring to take part!!
Check back... as I havent finished yet with these challenges!!
 
 
-----------------------------
 
 


15 comments:

Melenia said...

Each card is UNIQUE, Mandy!! It's always a pleasure for us to see your amazing work at GC! Thanks for joining us!!!

glorygirl said...

Those are GREAT, Mandy! Love how your scrapping style is true to your cardmaking style. Fantastic!

elenigratsia said...

Mandy some amazing cards there!!! Thank you so much for your continual support of our blog!!!! I hope you've had fun!!!

myriammg said...

all these cards are absolutely amazing ! Love them all ... my favourite : the heart with "clean lines", the masking tape home, and the flower with resist and gesso

Tina said...

Love all your cards they are all beautiful.

Tina

baileyrosy.com said...

Oh my goodness !!!!!! for some one who says they are not a " Cardie " you did an amazing job all of them are fabulous and of course you did a brilliant job with my CAS challenge it is so beautiful I absolutely adore it. Thank you so much for taking part in so many of our challenges at Get Creative and cant wait to see the rest !

Marie

eudokia said...

i love all your cards!!!all special!!!i adore the masking tape home!!!thank you so much for joining us at get creative!!!

Anastasia (Νατάσα) said...

Oh my, oh my!!!! Sooooo creative, so many cards (I admire you!) and one better than the other!!!! Love-love-love how the leaves you have made for Irini's challenge look so real, great idea to stamp with real ones! And the resist technique you have used is simply great, amazing final result!

Thank you so much for playing along with us in so many challenges!

Elina said...

They are all fabulous!!! One better than the other!!! You are so talented!!! Thank you so much for joining our challenges!!!!

puccarina said...

All af them are unique!!!! Loved each and everyone!!!! Thnak you for playing with us at Get Creative!

Channa said...

Each and every card, so pretty and unique and excellent for every challenge. Thank you for joining us at Get creative. channa

Irini said...

Mandy what can I say as always you blow me away with your creativity!!!!
what gorgeous cards! every one so beautifully crafted!
thank you so much for taking part in the challenges
hugz
irini

geoleoan said...

amazing amazing cards! love them all!!!
thank you for joining us at Get Creative!

olga said...

All af them are amazing!! Love them all!! You are so creative! Thank you very much for joinig us at get creative!

Julene Matthews said...

All of them are delightful Mandy.I especially love the big flower one.