Saturday, 25 July 2009

LET'S GET SHABBY CHALLENGE #2 and RUBY ST DESIGNS

LET'S GET SHABBY CHALLENGE #2
HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED
AND ITS ALL ABOUT....
GINGHAM AND FLORAL
Click here to see the challenge

Here's my design team sample! I altered this little (inexpensive) beauty case for Paige. There is a gorgeous cottage feel which creates such an atmosphere when mixing gingham and floral together. Here I used floral and gingham quilting fabric to line this little case - Prima flowers and some fabric flowers to dress it up and a strip of Prima Ruby paper to hold the bottom part of the gathered gingham (in the case) in place. I also made a little pocket out of lace and prima paper for the inside of the lid.

CAN CAN GIRLS...

I just couldnt leave the gingham and floral alone!! I cut out the flowers and leaves from the floral fabric! This is my mother and my aunty! I've used Prima paper and flowers. Ooooh and some cream vintage lace, a vintage crocheted flower and red button from RUBY ST DESIGNS! RUBY STREET DESIGNS

STARLET KIT I've been sooo lucky to be asked by Kris to play with this Starlet KIT!!
And to guest design for her!!
WOW !!
I've had the BEST time because the kit is soooooooo gorgeous!!! I've added a few bits and pieces extra. You can click here to check it out closer so see what's in the kit. I love love love it!! I've still got enough to do another LO. The vintage bits are just gorgeous.....and while you are there check out the trims!!! They are extraordinary!!!........I cant help myself!! I try buy the gorgeous pockets as soon as they come in......but have missed out a couple of times because they go so fast!

Above LO is of my mother(11yrs) - she was taking part in a 'Peddlar's Parade' fundraising at the school fair. Her grandmother made toffees and they are just about all gone from her tray! PLAYFELLOWS Ooooh if only you could see the pic more....my mum and aunty are wearing those fabulous 'jodphurs' of the times! (about late 1940-ish) The title and the silouette I scalpelled from an old piano book! BATHING

My mother..... dont you just love that swimsuit!
Oooh the glamour girls in swimsuits in this kit are sooo inspiring.
I used some sandpaper on this card and inked it to give a more sepia look GLAMOUR GIRLS
.

17 comments:

Trudi said...

Wowee Mandy, your altered beauty case is just shabbily gorgeous. Just LOVE gingham and floral together - totally delish!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Love the beauty case - it is so gorgeous - in fact heaps of beautiful shabby work. xx

Linda Elbourne said...

How I wish I had your talent ... I struggle with scrapping and am in awe of everything you make ... Thank you for sharing!

Deb said...

Oh! gasp....I llluuurrrvvveee your creations - simply devine....and that beauty case....hmmm gasp.

Blondeone said...

Mandy you have done some fab work love it all to bits !!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mandy....such beauty.....you are so talented and I am always inspired by you!!! I just adore all of your creations and just love the beauty case!!!! Ahhhhh... could you sent a little of your talent my way!!!!! Love ya girlie....:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! That beauty CASE is JUST WOW WOW WOW GORGEOUS Mandy!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT! :):):):):):) And congrats on the GDT!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the lo's!!! AMAZING as ALWAYS! :):):):):):):):):):)

Lean said...

WAAAAAUWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! wonderful love the beautycase and you lo,'s are GORGEOUS.
bye bye,Lean

Jenneke said...

Ohhhhh Mandy, how gorgeous is this altered beauty case!!!!! So, so soooo beautiful!!!
And your layouts are GREAT too!! I agree, the kits are fabulous!!
Love the prize at Shabby!
XXXJenneke

sam said...

Hello Mandy !!!! I am a fan of your blog and I am totally in love with your last layout!
The page "Cancan Girls" is full of cheerfulness !
"PLAYFELLOWS's" layout is so magical and fairy !!!!
The 3 last pages are simply beautiful!!! All creations are full of sweetness, with these small details which I like to finish ... And you know ? I LOVE your altered beauty case !!!!!!!!
Hugs ! Sam

Kris said...

Absolutely divine, a creative starlet through and through :)
xx

Arby said...

Stunning work... Just love what you did for the Let's Get Shabby!! Thanks for the constant inspiration!

Julie said...

wowser missy mandy these are all just devine. love them all.

yyam said...

Whoa...another feast for the eyes Mandy! I want a beauty case like that! :)

Gladie said...

Mandy, the beauty case is georgeous, what else could a girl wish for, you create the most beautiful stuff - awsome :))) Love the can can LO too, the flowers and gingham work so well together :)

Ruth said...

I love the make up bag it's gorgeous!!!! I bet Paige loves it too..that is if you have actually given it to her and not been tempted to keep it!! I know I'd be hiding it from my DD!!

Awesome layouts love the silhouette and the mint green retro colour together...love all the others too..what a fab kit that was!!

Toni said...

Wow... I'm glad I found ur bog, I luv ur work!!