Friday, 10 July 2009

WHAT IS OLD IS NEW

Oooooh girls!!!
Those fabulous 'WHAT IS OLD IS NEW' Embellishment Kits are OUT early!!! They are gorgeous!!! I received my Vintage Embellishment Kit yesterday and set about making up TWO LO's from the one kit for you- the only added things are the background paper and the alpha for the titles and of course a splash of paint with a little bit of stencilling!! Here I've created both a boy and girl LO examples
This is Meaghan practicing pointing her toes at Grandma's house back in 1987! (Grandma always had her camera handy and she never missed an opportunity!)

My brother had 3 younger energetic sisters, he often did sit back and watch, definitely the most shy of us all. The book picture was perfect! I'm not sure why the fabric turned out 'greener' on this layout - but its definitely blue! Photoshop and I dont always get on!! LOL!

-----------------------
I just had a play because if you wanted to use more than what you have in your embellishment kits.....here's just an added extra bit of lace and three flowers. Honestly what wonderful value are these kits!!! I've always been able to get two LO's from my Vintage one. (oh and this is the right colour of the fabric!! (Its much better to photograph in the daylight -this I know LOL!)

12 comments:

Tanya said...

Especially love Pointe. How gorgeous is that fabric. What a great photo to have to!!

Lean said...

wauwww love them both and the trick with the day light works...more colors to see.
bye bye,Lean

Jenneke said...

WOW, what a great idea to make two layouts with another color, they look so different!!
I admire your creativity so much, Mandy!!!!!! LOVe the way you used the paint on these pages, I have to try it too!!
HUGS!!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mandy.....such gorgoeus work!!!! Love the fabric!!!! You did an outstanding job with these creations!!! Have a great day, sweet friend!!! :)

iris said...

your style is so unique and beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

U are JUST AMAZING!!! I AM IN LOVE with these!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! I can't even pick a fave...I keep saying..."that one....no....but that one....but that one has"....SIMPLY GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):)

Deb said...

Wow! I luv these LO's....the pointe one is absolutely gorgeous. I have one of these kits coming my way - thanks for the inspiration Mandy.

Lisa T. Howard said...

You always have the most unique pages. They just draw you in and hold your attention. LOVE them!

Princess Tamara said...

Oh wow hon, love these!!!

Peggy said...

Oh, I love them both, both so different but both equally gorgeous!
xxx Peggy

sam said...

I love I love I love !!!!!

kathj said...

you have some beautiful work on the blog.