Tuesday, 14 July 2009

ADTHIS

I absolutely loved the inspiration I got from this ad this week! The first thing I noticed was the tall mic stand and the leaves leaves leaves.......yep - green leaves...... I usually go with my first glance, the things that stand out in my mind......then morph them into composition in a LO. .. (weeeell try to!) I had the perfect photos and the page just fell into place.
WARRIOR This is from our family trip to Vanuatu in the South Pacific on one of the islands. As we got off the ship and into the foliage a bit we were surrounded by warriors with spears pointing at us yelling and grunting. Paige grabbed her dad and cried while the rest of us were bewildered as we were herded into a clearing. This man proudly stood with his stick and snake....and as a true scrapper - I keep my camera going now matter what! It was all part of the 'welcome' even though Paige didnt appreciate it one bit, and to get a 'feel' of what it would have been like when outsiders entered their islands..........heck.......their history were canibals!

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! That is one COOL story and LO Mandy!! WOW WOW WOW! :):):):):):):):):)

jacque4u2c said...

I m still sopping up the drool! Just stunning!

Tanya said...

wow what a brilliant story and photos!

iza said...

totally gorgeous!!!love the background,flowers,leaves, the color...drool...

Chimene said...

Wow!! What an amazing job you did here!!!! Super page:)
Great story and pictures!!

xxxx
Chimene

Alice said...

Ohhhhh wow!!!
I havent stumbled across your blog before, but I am so glad that I did today Mandy!
I adore you style! so vintagy and shabby!!!!

Love the layering of all the leaves and flowers on this page!!!

Julie said...

awesome page missy love it

Jenneke said...

Oh, I LOVE Ad This!!!!
Isn't it great to see how different our DT-layouts are!!!!
Yours is absolutely PERFECT!!! The pictures (and the story behind them)and the leaves you used, WOW Mandy, soooo wonderful!!!
Proud to be on the DT with you!
I said in on the blog too: we have so many followers (80!!), why aren't they playing with us???
Come on girls, please join us in the fun!!!!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Holy Smokes is right.....awesome!!!! LOVE IT!!! :)

Lean said...

OEPS.... but your lay-out is perfect great picture also.
bye bye,Lean

Axes DesigNs said...

Great Story! and beautiful LO's...

yyam said...

Mandy, your LO is outstanding! Fabulous interpretation of the ad. When I saw it on the Ad This blog, my interest was piqued, now I know that story behind the photos! :)

Ceci said...

Wow Mandy...totally stunning work! :)

Peggy said...

Wow wow wow, too bad you're on the DT, this would have won for sure!!! It's gorgeous, and what a great story to go with it. Love love love it!
xxx Peggy