Sunday, 12 July 2009

123 JULY CHALLENGE

Here's my CT sample and the criteria is 'altered photo' - I've sanded away the colour surrounding Hannah and Paige's images, 'stamping with paint' and 'polka dots' - I kinda killed two birds with one stone on this one.....I stamped dots with paint, but I also stamped the title with paint too. The girls were engrossed in Naughts and Crosses - neither winning - both too clever for the other and each game ended in stale-mate! LOL
9TH JULY PHOTO
Paige working on her ballet homework....yes they have to study Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology and Nutrition. It forms part of their marks towards their exams.
10TH JULY 09
I cant stop looking at the beautiful colours of the leaves. This tree in our front garden is just a colour delight! Its still hanging onto its leaves even though we are midway through winter! 11TH JULY 09 Just a gorgeous moment in class where the younger students were looking at a snippet of Swan Lake on the computer for inspiration. These girls are extraordinary for their young age. This is not a posed photo - the reason why I reached for my camera! They are white swans for a performance next Saturday night. 12TH JULY 09
Paige in a parade (my sister just sent this photo through).Hannah was hidden within the crowd. Both the girls are away on tour this weekend (yes we have been kidless!!) with their youth choir performing in several concerts and workshops. Luckily my family live near their destination and were able to catch up with them and take some pics!!

9 comments:

Gladie said...

I love ytour 123 LO, the colors, the technique - the detalils - great! :) Beautiful pictures, and lucky you to have guarding camera when the kids are away :)

Lean said...

Your challenge looks great love the technique you used.Nearly monday ooo kids at home ppffff!!! hihi.
bye bye,Lean.

Jocelyn said...

Sucha yummy LO and I love all the techniques that you used!!! Great pics and I love the one with your daughter soing her studies...Wow...you have to study ballet? Have a great week!!! :)

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Fab layout and those photos are totally gorgeous (love the one of your class). xxs

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS lo Mandy!!!!! AND LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the photos...the one of the dancers....just makes me SMILE! :):):):):):):)

chelemom said...

Love your scrappy page!!! Beautiful!

Jenneke said...

WOnderful layout Mandy! I love the techniques you used and the beautiful, soft colors!
And that picture of the young dancers is soooo sweet!! Do you always take your camera with you????

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

what pretty pics, and that layout is stunning- really beautiful! xOxO

Peggy said...

Beautiful LO, but this time it was the pic of the girls looking at the pc that caught my eye... I love that photo, there's just something about it...
xxx Peggy