Friday, 31 January 2014

Tonic Inspired Project - Creative Jumpstart 2014

 
 
I've been trying to create every little chance I get - and mostly its been sooooo late at night as our Summer days are filled with many commitments and activities - all good of course!
Slowly our holidays are coming to an end and next week schools go back, and the week after, I'll be back at work.  The right royal round-about begins again for another year.
 
Mixed Media... mostly using craft knife, mask, paint, drips, stamps...
 
 
inspired and motivated by.....
 
New Tonic Web Logo
 
  one of the sponsors for
 
 
and amongst my stash, I have this fabulous
Tonic  Retractable Craft Knife... (for Tim Holtz)
 
 
Found butterfly paper and set about cutting out a heap of them....

 


 
 
Layered the butterflies and adhered, inked roller to make a path on a map 
 
Masking and drips with paint, drew some definition with a lead pencil too
 
 
 
The title is stamped...
by a wash onto plastic and swiping the letter through it

 
Lots of fussy cutting...love it!
 
 
 
 
 Happy Scrapping!
 
 
 


9 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Marvellous! Great colours & I love how you 'painted' the stamps like that. As for the fussy cutting....craaazy girl..I do it under sever sufferance!!! Enjoy your last little while of 'freedom':):):)

Lizzyc said...

I love fussy cutting, and I love this.. the masking and drips and all the butterflies are fabulous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee the butterflies!!!!!!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

This looks great!! Love the butterflies and the way they flutter across the page!

Deb said...

This looks amazing, Mandy.

stempelwolven said...

Here from CJS 2014. I love this project. All the time and patience you ve put into this is clearly visible. You got my vote!

Cuchy said...

I love how the butterflies "fly" around your page.
Beautiful Mandy. Love your artwork

Silvia Gonzalez said...

This page is sooooo beautiful!
You have my vote

S said...

This is just stunning - so uplifting.