Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Happy Birthday Hannah! (and a bit of a catch-up!)

 
 
Hannah turned 19 today!
 
We took her on a surprise trip.... (with my friend and daughter)
She had no idea where she was going.....
 
 Everyone knows how much Hannah loves books and all her life she has wanted to be a librarian..
 
Soooooo, we drove out to the country to a little quirky café which also has a book exchange...
where unwanted books are taken in, and exchanged for books that are wanted... no money... just because!
 
Weeeell, how did I get her to bring me some books she didn't want... I asked her for ones I could pull apart for scrapbooking and sure enough... out they came and plonked on the table next to me... and as soon as she left... the books were placed in a bag and into the boot of my car.
 
She was sooooo happy when we got there, saw what it was all about and set about choosing her books... she loved it.
 
 
Out in the courtyard after our wonderful meal with its quirky pallet walls and vertical gardens, sitting in a cool breeze... perfect. 
 
Hannah only arrived back from Melbourne yesterday after a taking the trip to visit her friend who lives there now going to uni....
And the heat was extremely high...  in the low to mid 40's Celsius...
The pair on an air-conditioned train!
They did a lot of swimming, went to the theatre, the cinema, shopping...
 
Hannah had a great time leading into her birthday.
 
 
------------------------------------------
 
 
Playing Catch-up here.....
 
Finally got my little kit together. 
I really liked the embellishment photo more

December 2013 OHDEERME Kit

 
So made a kit from the colours and bits and pieces from my stash
Only a little kit this time to work from....

 
 
And the first Challenge is to use a 'graffiti' look with journaling or title work..
A reminder I need to journal more... hmmm....


 
---------------------------------------------------




 
 
I've missed the last couple of prompts, just being really busy keeping up with holiday summer stuff with the girls.  
Paige took this selfie on the beach this past weekend...

 
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 Let's December Daily Badge

 
I've got my last few pages up, here's a sneak, so pop across HERE so you can see the rest


---------------------------------------
 
 
Project Life...
 the very last pages of my 2013 pages...
 
All finished!
 


 
 
 

 
 
Done!  Phew!
 
 

 


10 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, wow! Your posts are SO amazing and uplifting, Mandy! You truly are so amazingly talented! I LOVE your PL pages and that layout is jaw-dropping! The little pieces with the butterflies and that mixed font title work are beyond gorgeous!
Totally love your birthday adventure for your beautiful daughter! Don't think you could have picked a better one!

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is a lot of posting the kit looks like fun have a good time with that and the layout is cute too. Lovin your PL for the end of the month, it's hard for me to see summer and Christmas togethr but it looks like you was having fun :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy happy happy happy BIRTHDAY Hannah!!!!! I love the idea of that store ... so cool!!! And LOVING your pages!! So gorgeous!!!!!!

libbyquilter said...

happy belated birthday to Hannah.

quite a post and filled with lots of lovelies and creativity.
so enjoyed the creative shadow shot~!

visiting from "Our Wonderful World"

:-)
libbyQ

S said...

Happy Birthday to Hannah. And this was a fabulous catch-up post. I really like your pocketed pages using different configurations. Great inspiration!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a lot of gorgeousness here Mandy!
First of all, what a fun day for your sweet birthday girl, and the layout is awesome too, thanks for linking your photo with OBW too, totally cool!

Lizzy Hill said...

It's like a window to your world! Such a wonderful gift---I hope she ends up being the librarian she's always dreamed of being....that shop would've been such FUN...loooove your pages, the PL, & good on you doing COunterfeit this month...I always mean to..but I dunno, 'ONE DAY"...hope you're weather hasn't been as dramatic as Victoria's:):)

Julie said...

Just love the bookshop idea. Sounds great. Great pages and pics as usual.

cinmfoster said...

What a great kit and such a sweet surprise. I like how you separated the butterflies on your layout.

Lisa said...

you fit such a lot into one blog post! phew! Happy Birthday to your daughter - looks like a great day out. And your mini counterfeit kit is perfect as a starter for the year! I'm launching into PL myself this month so wish me luck!