Friday, 31 January 2014

Pan Pastels....A Bit of Mixed Media

 
 
Another page for Hannah's quote book...
 
She is off to study away next week - so excited for her, all she has ever wanted to be is a Librarian and she has a place! So now we are getting ready for her to move.  I know there will be times when she will be homesick or that the amount of work will be overwhelming, so I've worked on this little German vintage book and put in quotes that will help her take a breath....
 
 
 
Just need a mask, spatulas and texture paste....



 
PanPastel Colours:
Red Iron Oxide, Permanent Green, Raw Umber
The pigment grabs onto the texture paint fabulously...
(Do need to spray a fixative over the pages)
Add a little washi tape and leaves

 
 
And alpha for the quote...
 

managed to get this created because of.....
Creative Jumpstart 14
CJS2014Lable
has been so inspiring and motivating to get into some fabulous products and techniques...  out came the
http://panpastel.com/
 (I only have a few but love what I have!) and managed to get another mixed media page finished!

 
 Just the push I needed!
(very big smile!)


 


4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

All the best for your DD too, I hope everything works out really well.. love the double page you have done, very clever too..

Deb said...

Hannah will treasure this. I hope all goes well for her as I'm sure it will.

Gunvor said...

Fabulous art work!

Tanya Gilliam said...

I have just stumbled across your blog and love what I see so far! I am just starting out with mixed media and was wondering how you applied the Pan Pastels to the texture paste? Did you use an application tool sponge or maybe your finger? My current project has quite raised flowers in texture paste and I'm not sure if the pastels will adhere to it. Thanks so much.

Tanya, from the Mainland (SA) X