Sunday, 14 February 2010

A BIG SIGH........

I'm going to start off with some sad news....
Weeeell, bitter/sweet I suppose.
Ruby Street Designs closed down today. What an incredible unique store with the most unbelievable vintage lovelies that delighted all our senses!
Kris has such an innate sense of wonder-ment when it came to arranging her hand-picked products.
I was very honoured to be on her design team and in awe of her talent and the beauty of the goodies I got to play with.
As much as I am so sad that Ruby St will be no more, I am so pleased that Kris will get to do what she was missing so much - playing and creating gorgeous collages.
You can read her blog post here
.
All is not lost though!!
And I was sooooo relieved!
Kris is opening an Etsy and updating with her lovelies from time to time!
You can find her new Esty here , yet to be stocked but worth bookmarking - and the attached blog so we can keep in touch here.
AND if you head on over to 'Let's Get Shabby' and play along you can win two beautiful embellishment kits from Ruby Street!!
I can assure you they will be beautiful!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
.
.
.
CREATIVE TYPE#25 & it WON!!!!
Its all about using type on embellishments. I've stamped print across the blue flower under the pic and stamped 'Bravo' for the heading across vintage pattern tissue- I've used the tissue with print above the pic as well. There's gesso and glimmermist too!
I created a little 'stage-like' setting for this photo of Hannah and Paige performing.
AND just HAD to use some gorgeous Ruby Street lovelies (sigh...)
Here is the challenge
.
.
.
MY FAVOURITE THINGS
It's all about your favourite outfits! And I've got to say....its my Bathers!! Not that I'm ever confident to parade around in them (ha....this is why I'm IN the water for the photo in the LO!) and am very much the 'drop the towel and get in/out of the water as soon as possible' type!! BUT, I love being in the water - along with this is the memories, the fun and laughter - relaxing and holidays. So you see.....its not really 'just' the outfit! You can the challenge here .. . . SKETCH INSPIRATION #110 Love playing with glimmermist and old music paper there's something about that combination. Hannah had been practicing her clarinet. Just caught this pic of her finishing up. You can find the challenge here . . . WHAT IS OLD IS NEW A YEAR IN REVIEW Dont forget to go over to WIOIN to join in on your monthly challenge! Its an absolutely fabulous idea! In this LO, my girls were enjoying the clock striking midnight on New Years Eve with their little cousin. (sorry about the quality of the pic, but was photographed in horrid weather we are having!!) You can find out the details of the challenge here . . . A TRUE FRIEND#63 The challenge is to show up your pet's talents or any special mentions etc. I'm not sure about talents....but Blackie has a huge story to tell and an intersting one... So creating a magazine-like LO on him seemed fitting. He's a re-educated feral - an amazing story - long and painful on both parts! But he has arrived at a place physically and mentally where he is content as much as he could be. He is like no other cat I've ever owned or known. So this challenge was purrrrfect! . . . TWISTED SKETCH #36 The minute I set eyes on this sketch I could see a fish!!! There was NO escaping it!! Check out the challenge here

27 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! these are all amazing Mandy....luv your fish and just drooling over the "Bravo" LO....absolutely gorgeous.

ann said...

Oh Mandy your work is so amazing and creative....as Deb said love that fish...

sarah said...

everytime i'm at your blog, you've got LOADS of inspiration and eyecandy to look at! :)

you are totally on a roll!

hugs,
sarah.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i can not say it enough mandy....u inspire me like no other..wow wow wow wow wow .... these are alllllllllllllllllllll amazing!!! i'm sorry to hear about ruby street though...i know u loved her products!!! and i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that fish.....these are all gorgeous!!! thanks sooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lou said...

Oh no No no re Ruby Street.... :( Crying here.... sob sob.... But at least there will be Etsy.... and this gal Looooves Etsy....
Absolutely adore your Bravo Layout #25 !!! Totally gorgeous!!! Just divine!!
Thanks also for the Blog Love Mandy.. will try and become follower here too... but bear with me on that.. my comp is still sick and crashes sometimes...
Lou xx

מימס mimms said...

Gorgeous LOS
LOVE your work and each time it's a new delight !

Jeanet said...

Oh wow..Mandy...I say this all the time..say it again, I just LOVE your style!!Your work is so inspiring and unique!Oh my...
Just love all of your layouts...loving your use of materials so much!Look at that fish..it's beyond gorgeous, and all the misting,and that water in the fave LO...Just WOW to all of this eyecandy!
Thank you so much for joining Fave Things And I'm sorry about Ruby Street...thanks for the etsy link though!!!Have a wonderful day!!

Kris said...

Thanks Mandy for the Ruby St love
Bravo is divine absolutely divine
Kris xx

Jenneke said...

S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!!!
G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!!
W-O-W!!!
Too much eye-candy in this post, Mandy!!! Everything is sooooo beautiful!!
I really believed the one about Blackie was a magazine!! And your page for TAAFOMFT is also GREAT!! Thanks for playing again with us!!!
But I think BRAVO is my favorite...it's just PERFECT!!!

Thanks for showing us these beauties!!!

Hugs, Jenneke

Julie said...

wow mandy these are all gorgeous.

Tanya Tahir said...

Beautiful work! Love the bathers one and also the practice one - cool!! Sorry to hear about Ruby Street :(

Gladie said...

Beautifil pages, Mandy! Love the Bravo - LO - stunning work! And to see your fav outfit being bathers, I soooo wish for warmer weather! Spring isn't even close this year... Love the sea you created on the LO - you're so talented! I love visiting our blog :)

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mandy...these are stunning....love those fish scales!!!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous weekend!!!

Lori said...

Thank for playing along with the challenge- amazing LO of Blackie! Infact a whole bunch of amazing layouts- I'me in awe of your talent!

Toni said...

Mandy, I just don't know how u come up with these creative los, I am always in AWE of ur work, Dang Girl ur AWESOME!!!
Oh & Happy Valentines Day!!!

Bekka said...

Oh my -- these are all so great. I love how you combine the embellishment on your TAAFOMFT layout! And your CT layout is so pretty -- I love that photo. And of course, my eye was drawn to your TF layout -- I love kitties, and love how you listed all these great qualites of your cat on this page -- very clever! Thanks so much for joining us at TAAFOMFT!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

OMG that fish is tooooo CUTE!!! I love the way you always get so much interesting and unique texture into your designs!!!! Beautiful work!!!

Elaine. said...

These are such great works of art, wonderful challenges, cool techniques and idea, fish is great.
Elaine

Chris said...

Your layouts are all so amazing and unique - the first one is so so different and wonderful. I love to visit your blog as I know I will be inspired by your beautiful and unusual creations. Have a great week! and thanks so much for sharing with us at TAAFOMFT

dollysdreamings said...

Great page and thanks for playing the challenge

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

I so love your layout on Blackie, all your layouts are fabulous but this one just appeals to me the most.
Sad news about Ruby Street :(.
Have a good week. xx

Leanne said...

OMG!! your first lo took my breath away!! Just stunning! xx. (hope you are well)

Niona said...

WOW! Super! Gorgeous LOS!

MirjamC said...

oh wow what an amazing lo's!!!there's alway's so much wonderful work to see here and very inspiring!!!

yyam said...

Amazing work as always Mandy! How to pick a fave? Congrats on winning at The Creative Type!

Nancy said...

this is such an amazing page! really fantastic work! inspires us all! TFS your talent!!!

Marelle said...

WOW Mandy love all of your beautiful eye candy on your blog
wow I adore the lo of your girls dancing wowsers!!