Saturday, 6 February 2010

OH GOSH!! Taking a breath!

.
.
AUSSIE SCRAP JACKED
Here are my first samples for as part of the new design team!!
You can see the fabulous Jacks here!!
This one was a mixture of Tiff and Viv's Jacks

AND then I couldnt get the sepia 'look' of Tiff's photo out of my mind....

So I had another go with this.
I took a more 'arty' approach in the way that the 1/4 circle of the fan blowing on Hannah needed completing so picking up the black of the background in the photo painted a circle, then a kind of abstract easel, and a rectangle of a back yard - it just kind of 'grew' from there. .
.
. SCRAPPING THE MUSIC
This time its all about the theme song from Shrek!!
The song mentions Disneyland - and quite a bit about Peter Pan. This is a production of mine back in 1997 when Meaghan was 'Mrs Darling'. Had a bit of messy fun with paint!!
You can check it out here
Though I'm a little late getting this up!! But if you hurry, you can still take part!! and below is the prize I was delighted to donate... it contains some fab sheet music...who remembers 'Penny Arcade' oh and a bit of 'Slade' never goes astray!!
-------------------------------------------------- .
.
. I have to show this too.....talk about being so generous with a wonderful prize!!
I was totally OVER the moon to receive this from Scrap-It-Lah for December's Challenge!
Thank sooooooo much girls!!! Look at those Webster goodies!!!
WHAT IS OLD IS NEW SKETCH FEBRUARY SKETCH

What a sketch it is!!! Check it out here along with the prize!!

-------------------------------

.

I was asked what I couldnt live without being a mainly Shabby scrapper... and it would have to be my little distresser!! The silly thing is that it would go missing underneath my 'mess' when scrapping - so I bought two more! And I can honestly say I still have ONLY one, because they disappear and turn up one at a time!!! They grow legs!!!

Scrap Therapy Heidi Swapp Distresser .

. --------------------------------------------------------

.

And look who paid a visit early in the morning sitting on the rails of my veranda!
A KOOKABURRA! Laughing its head off making such a noise!! It did stop and check me out when I pointed my camera at it!
.
.
.
.

15 comments:

Gladie said...

Awsome layouts! And the little bird - so cute :) Congrats on the prize, have fun! :)

Jocelyn said...

Love these LO's Mandy...they are all just awesome...I so adore them!!!

Wow...that pic of the Birdie is wonderful!!!!

Have a great weekend!!! :-)

Amy Muffoletto said...

Once again you have rocked my world. Your layouts are beautiful. I like your little friend who came fora visit. You know I have a thing for birds. He is just beautiful. I have a prize pack coming your way. Fun Stuff. Hugs, Amy

zandra said...

Great lo's! Love Heidi's distresser, too. I have been watching her live show on wed. nights and loved how she used her distresser as a bone folder! So, cute your little visitor.
Hugz, Z

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

omygosh!!! Mandy!!! these are all soooooooooooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS!!!!! and ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just a little hint.....keep that photo of your distresser....U NEVER know when Julie MIGHT be using a FAVE scrap tool for a future challenge.....just sayin' :):):):):):) and holyyyyyyyyyyyy wow wow wow the KOOKABURRA!!! I remember as a girl.....Girl Scouts had a cookie by that name and i was soooooooooooooooooooooooo impressed with how yummy the cookie was ... i actually did an entire study on that bird!! lol!!! thanks for the memory! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Peggy said...

Beautiful LO's Mandy, I especially love your WIOIN LO, so peaceful ...
xxx Peggy

Tanya Tahir said...

All gorgeous!!! Love your ASJ layouts :D

Maya said...

Everything is gorgeous as always!

Leeann Pearce said...

LOL at the distresser... i have 2 also..they do have legs... but i'm not stressing at the moment... did think about it today but!!!lol...awesome creations for the jacks mandy... will pop opver and check out you whats old is new... a little slow at times i am...lol... thanks for the love chick!! be good...

MirjamC said...

wow, what a wonderful pages (as always)! the first one is my fave,love that background and how you did the title!
never heard of a kookaburra, but what a beautiful bird (and picture:)

teacher jessy said...

I love ur first two layouts, they have the whimsical factor. You are such a creative soul, Mandy. Glad that u have received Scrap-It-Lah's goodies. Can't wait to see what u will create soon :)

Antonella Ryan said...

Gorgous Layouts Mandy!!!

Amy Muffoletto said...

I have a blog award for you. Visit my blog to see what it is for. I am sure you have already received this award before but I want you to have it again!!!!! You inspire me with every post you write and You are so creative in everything you do!

Rhayne said...

This may sound funny but I never realized the Kukaburra was a real bird. My daughter sings a song about them and I just thought it was a made up word! I've never thought to google it.

Learn something new every day, hey?

Elaine. said...

Awesome layouts, great paint details, great pics of the girls, wonderful prize, and the bird, what a cute one...don't know how you do it all and dance and mother...wonderful talent gal, keep walking that beach full of inspiration
Elaine