Friday, 16 December 2016

Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas

 
 
 
While they are up to Week 12 (the last one) over there...
I've had a little catch up... and have managed to do 3 more tags!
 
 
I realised I hadn't managed to buy a poinsettia die in all the Christmas dies I have!
It's now on the list!   So in place of not having a one, I've cut out some from paper, and had a couple of poinsettia flowers turn up in my search so all was good.  Everything has been edged in Inka Gold - Gold.  A little sizzix journaling block for my stamped sentiment, and a diecut candle with foliage.
The design has some patterned red colour at the top with some gold glitter trim. Put some sparkly glitter paper behind the candles too.
 
 
 
Is about using both the positive and negative of a diecut.  Mine is in the cooler colour of Winter,
The tag was painted in the Making Memories paint 'Shopping Bag' with a bit of gesso in it to whiten it a little.  A little silver ribbon is tied up with a clasp pin and some tiny red bells and some script writing has been stamped sparingly. I cant believe how this challenge is really making me use 'stuff' especially stamps and dies!



I think this is my favourite so far. 
A neutral background with white holly leaves and a hit of red too. 
Over the grey diecut background is a transparency with white writing.
It has the little button tied up with twine and a ricrac trim behind.
Stamped the word 'joy'on a sizzix diecut journal block. And some diecut Christmas foliage down the bottom corner. 
 
 
I'm hoping to get some more done.  Halfway there!
xx
 
 


5 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

These are all totally wonderful, Mandy! I love them all but #3 is my fav, with #2 come in next. Love the silver gray, white and red of #2. Did you hand doodle the red and white dots? I love them! And #3 is a wowzer! It is simply fabulous! I really like the way you die cut the panel that was already embossed and then the transparency with the script on it is such a cool design feature. Love the colors too. Great work and happy to see you are forging ahead in the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style challenge.

Hugs,
Linda

Heather McMahon said...

These are wonderful! I love each and every one of them. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a fabulously creative 2017!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the poinsettias and the holly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Mandy, your tags are beautiful! Love all the layers and all the die cuts you've been using! The candles with the poinsettias are stunning, and I love the touches of gold. And the negative die cut work is so super cool on your wintry tag. Love the printed transparency and fancy edging you used, too. So many beautiful details!

Lizzy Hill said...

These are soooo pretty.... the 'joy' one is my fave.... ummm.... I haven't got a poinsettia due either. Prob only 2 in the world who haven't! But then, I don't normally 'do' flowers....