Sunday, 18 December 2016

12 Tags of Christmas and Let's December Daily

 
 
I've caught up!
Got all 12 done now!
Oooh what it's like to be on holidays!
 
I've put the whole day away today to work on tags and what I love about challenges like this
is that it makes you do things you normally:
1. wouldnt
2. do a technique forgotten about
3. do a technique never done before
4. have products never used
5. have products tucked away forgotten completely about!
 
So its a win all round!
 
 
 
 
I love the colour of this one, and used some Viva Gold Cabalt smeared with a spatula over a white tag, then painted with a brush the boarder.  I've got out dies I've forgotten to use, along with glitter paper - what fun!  Loved the layering!  Framed the deer with some gauze underneath.
 
 
 
I really enjoyed creating this one!  Some hand drawing in black (even the sentiment) and some definition on the tag and ivy leaves.  I didn't have a black lamp post which would have been good, but thought to mount both the little Victorian house and the tag itself (always love a black base!). Do you see the little red cardinal?  And a little trim on the bottom to really finish off this Victorian scene.


 
A little bag.  I've got most of my sprays packed away at the moment because of renovations (and soon to be Christmas guests) but I did have some Silks paint - a tap of that into a little spray bottle with water ...and it worked a treat - such a lovely shimmer (which the photo doesn't pick up). A little paper bag with a doodle border, stamped little red bells tied with a gold bow and pine needles - all ready for a little gift.


Put some 'Jingle Bells' lyrics on the top and bottom of this tag and focused it more on stars.
Snowflakes are lovely and I do use them... but lol - it is Summer here.  Though, I still associate snowflakes with Christmas. Did a wrap-around with some hessian and pleated sheet music, and one little spot of red :)



Black Christmas trees really look lovely, like a silhouette in a scene. They contrast well against the vintage paper doily. The red main part of the tag is mounted onto a music sheet background.



 
This is a little different to anything I've done before.  Other than the little tag pocket, all the Nutcraker characters are stamped on transparency so they do stand alone. 
I've just put 'Clara' and the 'Rat King' in the pocket with the pine needle diecuts for the moment. 
These characters can be played with singularly or together.. 


(Please excuse very inky fingers!)

 
I truly loved playing with this one!

 
 
There... done and dusted!
So pleased to have completed the 12 tags!
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
There's another post over at
 
 
And its bumping along fabulously!!
 Here's a peek at one of my pages on my latest post...
 
 
Hop on over and see the rest!!!
You can even share along with us!
http://letsdecemberdaily.blogspot.com.au/
 
 
And who doesn't love a bit of Christmas scrapping!
 
xx
 
 
 


6 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Wow! I am SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED that you got them all done. I can see you've had a ball of fun, with them all being so individual and different.... I think my fave is the hessian one......it's really striking!! BRAVO to you for being able to have a play AND being on holidays!!!

Lizzyc said...

Oh you have been busy!! Your tags look amazing and great decorating of the paper bag.. and yes getting away for a little scrapping during the busy days of the festive season is good for the soul!! Have a great week!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I'm impressed too! You have done a lovely job on these tags, each one special and unique! I really love the decorated bag, what a fantastic idea! And your Nutcracker pocket tag is sensational too. I'm so delighted that you joined in the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style. Congratulations on finishing the challenge and best of luck in the prize drawing on Tuesday.

Hugs,
Linda

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!!!!! These are ALL GORGEOUS! I am LOVING that house one and the Nutcracker ones too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorraine said...

Your tags are gorgeous. Such a lovely mix of products and techniques and it really looks like you had fun with the project which is most important. Merry Christmas!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such an awesome post, Mandy! I LOVE all your tags! Such fun technique and products and each and every one turned out so beautifully! I really like all the black you used. And the Nutcracker "paper dolls" are just SO fun! Gorgeous Dec Daily, too! You do such amazing work!