Sunday, 2 February 2014

Creative Jumpstart 2014 - Prima

 
This certainly was a journey....
 
 
 
There's a 12x12 piece of patterned paper that has always caught my eye from Prima and its - 
Almanac 'Composition' and with a move away from using  flowers for a while now, (not on purpose, just happened naturally- just didn't notice)... started using embellishing in other ways.  
A lot of what you see above in the LO is one sheet of paper...
just cut up, and pieces flipped over and cut out ....
Just imagine this isn't cut up yet (lol) but is what it looks like...(the reverse side)
 
 
So the pieces start to be placed apart and on top of the other, which still could be moved around.
I really love the right hand side of the paper...  now has folded creases
The little measuring tapes are cut out too.



That top left hand rectangle is now flipped over... I want those butterflies and nest!

 
 
Cut out.... and placed where I 'think' they could go?


 Stamps are coming into the thought process... this Prima Rectangle Stamps will be perfect for some definition on the folded side of the  paper
 
 
Yep... they will definitely work... not sure where yet...
Also decided to use the negative cut out of the little butterfly


Did I say I didn't tend to use flowers anymore?  Weeeell, not in the way flowers are mostly used....
Remember these.. they are Prima Flocked 'Iron-ons'. I used the blue ones on a LO a couple of years ago.. but never threw out the backing... not sure why???  Just one of those things that says 'might need to cut these out one day'   There you are LOL... another hoarded thing used (justification to my habit- sad but true!)

 
 
They have a wonderful vellum-transparency to them...


Just placed upon the other 'bits' - liking these a lot!
(makes me want to iron-off those left-over pink flocked ones still in the packet so I can use the backing!!! LOL)  That turned out cool!  I know that negative-butterfly is going to look great too!
These are all guesses and tries (I have just as many things that don't work out that end in the bin! You just don't get to see those tee hee)

 
 
Thought the butterflies, measuring tape (and the nest not pictured) could do with some Dimensional Magic!  And worked a treat too!



 
Prima Dark Rust Ink to colour all the edges and place on a black background (did use a sponge)
 
 

 And all the thought processes start to come together....
along with some drippage and splatter....
 
 
 
Photo picked out last as usual....
 Did say it was a journey! 
 Not much left of that 12x12 paper.
 
(lol, you've done well to stick it out this far!)
 
 
motivated by sponsor
Handmade DISTRESS-1
 
for
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING the colors and the butterflies!!!!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Really enjoy seeing your thought process....you're MUCH more organised than me!!! I let 'the muse' direct me...& if I go near something, then I figure I ought to use it....I know...totally RANDOM, but it seems to work for me!!!!
BTW...LOOOOVE the way you've used that flocked flowery stuff:):)

Jamie Lynn said...

super cute! thanks so much for walking me through your process

here from CJS2014 Prima link page

Audrey Pettit said...

I absolutely LOVE the creative ways in which your brain thinks, Mandy! You take such an artistic approach and abandon to everything you create that I SO admire! This is stunning! All the more so after seeing your process. Totally LOVE how you used the leftover flowers. That's just genius!

Cuchy said...

I love to see your creative process. So many details in a beautiful page. Thanks for sharing. Good luck!

Silvia Gonzalez said...

So beautiful page!I love it.
Good luck in the giveaways!