Sunday, 28 October 2018

Cat Lover's Hop - Last Day

 
Sadly its the last day of the hop, and its been a blast!
I've even managed to find some scrapping mojo that has been eluding me for a while.
 
 
 
I've made a card - kinda with a Halloween feel
But its Blackie all the same!
 
 
 
DAY 6 GAME:  Do you trim your cat's claws?  What do you use?  Do any of you use SoftClaws, or similar nail caps?
 
Oh Boy! If I tried to even look like trimming Blackie's claws,  I'm sure he would stick his claws into me! There's no good even trying as he'd think that it was an attack, get terrified and end up in a frenzied nervous wreck!  Luckily though - he never clawed the furniture and never fought as he wouldn't stay outside.  Yes, we were lucky :)  

 
 
I would like to say thanks so much for Janis from Her Peaceful Garden for putting on such a wonderful HOP again this year - 4th year! 
Thanks so much Janis, and for your support in the background xx
 
AND thank you to all the lovely ladies who came by and left beautiful comments
They mean a lot
 
 
 
xx






18 comments:

Fikreta said...

oh this card is so cool!
and your cat is adorable!

Lizzyc said...

Oh I would never try and cut a cats claws.. too dangerous!! fabulous card..

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely design, I think it's perfect for masculine recipients!
Your cat is one in a gazillion :D You are so lucky and he melts my heart...

ike said...

Gorgeous cute card. It was wonderful to meet you and Blackie on the Hop and to see all of your lovely creations xx

Suzanne H said...

Great card. Love the angles of it. It was a pleasure to see your cards this week.

DonnaMundinger said...

Such a cute design and so fitting for Blackie's purrsonality. He IS an angel. Hugs to you. xxD

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful card! Love the design and all the details!
Blackie is adorable!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeee that card! That little cat is FABULOUS! Poor baby about his nails! I totally get it though, we have to take Mr. Dandy to the groomer to get his done (his are black and NO way would I trust myself to trim them with the color they are! LOL!) -- and he gets SUCH anxiety being there!!

Vivian Foo said...

Love this unusual make.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your composition! Great card!

NanaConnie said...

I love the design on this one, Mandy! Wonderful geometrics and cute kitties. :-D

D.Ann C said...

I'm loving the kitty cuddles pic! It has been great seeing all of your projects this week and remembering your Blackie! Loving the eyes on this final one!! Thanks for all the love you left on my blog, too!
Warm, furry hugs,
D.Ann

Becca Yahrling said...

I totally get the reference to Blackie from all your wonderful stories of him. We don't have a cat (that we own anyway - tho our next door neighbor's cat adopted us as she's with us every day!), but I do have a small parrot who also needs claw clipping. My poor hubby gets bit the whole time!! They both yell like crazy!! lol (It's really not funny, but ...)
You are last on the hop!! Thanks for all your creative inspiration and fun stories of Blackie. AND for all your sweet comments on my cards.

Chark said...

love all the little bits on this card! no cat rn, so no trimming.

Karenladd said...

Awww, love seeing Blackie and hearing his stories. This card has such a fun, unique design and I love the shiny enamel eyes!

Carole J said...

Love your Halloween card, Mandy! And I've loved hearing about Blackie, who was an incredibly handsome cat, and of course, little Chirp! I adore the cat cuddle image! It's been lovely seeing all your projects this week - hasn't it been fun! No doubt, I'll see you around blogland and, hopefully, again this time next year! x

Sue D said...

Great design and I like all the black cat images.

Janis said...

Last project of the hop, Mandy!! I finally made it all the way through without my internet crashing again. Amazing!
Love your Halloween card with its nod to your dear Blackie!! Thank you for all your stories, cards, LOs, and drawings of him. He is a huge part of the heart and soul of this Hop!! Love your painting of Blackie with his big heart holding you on his lap. <3 <3 <3
Thank you so much, my friend, for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com