Thursday, 25 October 2018

Cat Lover's Hop Day 3

 
Here we are already Day 3
in the
 

 
A full page for my Project Life album
  Blackie sunning himself just outside our back door. He loved the warm cement and would 'almost' fully relax. We were spending a little bit of time outside together while I was watching this fledging sparrow peck around, she didn't seem to have parent birds.  Blackie just sat and observed. He'd stay only about 10 minutes before he somehow would spook himself and run back inside.  The biggest thing though - yes he made it into 2018. 
 
 
Join the Hop HERE
https://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/p/2018-cat-lovers-hop-guidelines-and-faqs.html
 
The game today was to give advice on getting cat hair off  everything...
Weeeell, Blackie did shed, not so bad though - as he was black.
One of these Magic Lint Brushes (below) always did the trick! 
A quick wipe with one of these - cat hair gone!
 
 
 
 
Just a bit of time in the sun:
xx
 



22 comments:

Carole J said...

I am really enjoying your projects about Chirp and Blackie! It looks like they had a very special relationship! Lovely Project Life page. xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Happy memories of your sweeties. Love your pages. xxD

Becca Yahrling said...

This is so wonderful! I need to take some photos of Miss Anna Banana and do a page of her having breakfast with the hubby.

Susan Renshaw said...

What a super page! Enjoying your posts!

Suzanne H said...

Great journal page. I might have to try your cat hair remover technique.

D.Ann C said...

A tough year for you, I'm sure. Nice to keep an album of fun memories!!

Sue D said...

Great layout. I like the polka dot and cat background.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great fun here, it is good to check out your lovely work again, hope life is fun for you as well!

Karenladd said...

One of these days I'll actually get around to scrapping my pets in an album too. So far I only have two pages...sigh.. Love the paper you used.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love your page!! Great journaling and the photos are adorable!!!!!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Oh lovely memories!! and yes those lint brushes are amazing!

Fikreta said...

this is so very nice page!
thank you for sharing your tip!
hugs

NanaConnie said...

Another great page, Mandy! Love the bird photos next to Blackie sunning himself. My two cats are indoor only but they love to stare out the window at the birds playing in the birdbath.

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful art journal page! Love your layout!!!

ike said...

What a lovely piece. I am so glad he didn't bother to eat the birdie :-)

Monika Skinner said...

Great journal page! Have a pawsome day! 😻

Janis said...

So sweet seeing your Blackie enjoying his 10 minutes of sunshine! How warm on his black coat that must feel to him...as long as it's not too hot of a day! My black cats love sunny winter days....their coats get wonderfully toasty even if the day is way below freezing with lots of snow on the ground.
Love that you took care of this baby bird for awhile...and that it successfully fledged. Blackie was such a good boy to not bother the birds. <3
Thank you so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such wonderful memories of your beautiful Blackie. It must be hard to do this scrapbook but I hope it's therapeutic for you. I am sure you have shed many tears - I'm tearing up now thinking of my Muffin and what his final year was like. It is a beautiful LO of a treasured memory. Sending hugs.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely page, I smiled reading about your Blackie, he was a very different cat, so good!

Roberta Stevenson said...

Love your layout! Blackie was a beautiful cat! I know how hard it is to still miss them once their gone! I still pine for all of my little loved ones that have passed. So nice to have your scrapbook memories of Blackie!

Thanks so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!

rstevensoncreations.wordpress.com

Vivian Foo said...

Great layout.

Viki Banaszak said...

What a sweet layout! Did you paint the retro piece? If not where are they from????? Love them!