Lately I've found a real love for Mid-Century Mod Art... and weeeell, its showing!
I've been playing with my Project Life abit, but its far behind and I've missed a few of the pages that Blackie would be in. Each year for my Project Life album, I like to do an intro page - something that says '2018' or the like. I hadn't got to it, so this was a good opportunity.
It was a great way to do a tribute to both Blackie and Chirp with a header page which would be the last Project Life annual album they would be in. I tried to show Chirp's mischievous side and Blackie's 'non-chalant' side and the relationship they weeeeell - sort of shared :)
Edited in: the line of black cats above is actually washi tape! Great find!!
Join in HERE!
Check out the sponsors!
Game 2 over at the Cat Lovers Hop is all about 'what's in a name'
For Blackie... weeeeell, the name is very obvious! He was black! The girls were about 4yrs and 6 yrs old when he came to us, and they thought 'Blackie' was a great name! Little did I know that soon enough I tried to pick him up (a total rookie mistake) and got torn to pieces! He was terrified so went into his 'flight or fight' mode, AND he did both! I truly thought - he thought - I was going to devour him! Afterall - that was the only world he knew.
A lot of adjustments were made after that.... and he so wanted to be a part of it - it just took a while.
xx






24 comments:
I really enjoyed your post and this journal page, especially the little row of cats along the bottom.
Loved reading your post! The journal page is great - love all the different elements!
WOW! FAbulous pages and wonderful post, Mandy! I think you did a great job capturing their attitudes. LOL Thanks for the offer on my blog. I will definitely email you for the info. xxD
Awesome page!
that is awesome page!
Absolutely beautiful tribute to Chirp and Blackie. Love all
the fun images you used and the awesome kitty border.
Great layout and I enjoyed reading your post.
I love him blaming the cat! (I also love that border at the bottom... was it pre-printed on the page, or is it a stamp?)
Oh, that is just really super. What a PAWsome page :-)
Thank you so much for the Origami link xxxxxxxxxx
hard to believe you've lost both your 'babies' this year. This post is so full of the character of your pets, especially Blackie. I ADORE That painting with don't touch the.... I'm guessing you did it? ANd LOVE the front piece for your album, too!! Hope you and your girls are doing well!!
Great, colourful intro page for your Project Life Journal - the page really captures Chirp and Blackie's spirit. Beautiful tribute! x
Love love love love your PL page!! That journal tag with the 'cat did it' is so funny!!!!! And loving that Blackie story!!!
Your journal page is stunning and just amazing!! Such wonderful graphic look and the washi to the bottom compliments all so beautifully!
I have been meaning to scrapbook ALL of my cats - I actually had one layout made YEARS ago! Now I feel guilty LOL <3
Love this fun and colorful intro page and you seem to have captured their personalities perfectly!
Fabulous journal page, Mandy, and a lovely tribute to both Blackie and Chirp. Sweet story about Blackie, too. TFS
Beautiful journal page!!!
Sweet Blackie and Chirp. Just doesn't seem possible that there won't be any more of your entertaining tales about them...singly and together.
Love this journal page....so many great elements. Love your drawings and the retro art.
Thanks so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Great journal page, love the sentiment and divine washi tape. Have a pawsome day! 😻
I am CRAZY about mid-century art too! Love the entire look, and all of your designs are awesome! I am so happy to hear that it all worked out with little Blackie! We had a kitty like that too, and it just takes time and love! Max certainly was NOT a cuddler! He loves to be around us now, loves his head scratches, always comes when we call his name, and sleeps with us at night, so we have made HUGE progress with him!
Your page layout looks amazing and I loved reading the story about "Blackie". Thank you so much for sharing and thanks so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
rstevensoncreations.wordpress.com
Well that was a terrifying first encounter - you were obviously very patient and loving and you ended up with a wonderful pet. Your LO is gorgeous, love all the elements and how they came together! I started a scrapbook in last year's hop but never finished it. Hoping to get back to it as they are such a great memory keeper.
What a great project page! I love the retro look of it. It is so great of you to share the story. One of my boys is a farel and it has only taken 8 months for him to allow me the privilage of petting him. He is still pretty spooky at times but he can be such a sweet love.
Love that kitty washi tape.
Post a Comment