Memories
A little bit of origami for my first day...
This was a bit of fun! And a tiny bit Halloween
Of course a black cat :)
Playing in
Day 1: Game is Kitty Roll Call where we share with each other the names of each of the cats that call your home (or your back porch) their own. During Kitty Roll Call, you can tell us a little about your cats and you also may add to the roll call any that you have lost since last Cat Lovers Hop. :( :( :( Some of you might not have any kitties at home anymore, but please tell us about cats you have had in the past.
Weeell, as most of you know, my Blackie passed away recently and was 18 years.
He had to be re-educated being a big feral and that was a big ask.
His instincts were different, and as a pet (eventually) he was more like a dog with loyalty (only to me as his trust issues never left him) and the amount of words he could understand.
To his last day, I was the only person who could ever pick him up, (bit the vet a few times!) and he would flop against my shoulder. We also have a cockatiel and had a sparrow which flew around our house of a night before being put into their 'night' cages to sleep. Blackie seemed to understand that they were 'paws-off'. He never made attempts towards them (though I'm sure he thought it especially when Chirp (the sparrow) would swoop him for fun!) But maybe he just never wanted another feather in his mouth after being terrified and living on edge when homeless. Who knows what a cat thinks?
Will I get another? Not yet. I'm not sure that Maggie our Cockatiel would last long with a cat that 'doesn't understand bird's safety'! (Chirp our sparrow passed away a couple of months (old age) before Blackie. Its just Maggie now) If I could get a cat that I KNEW would not hurt Maggie, I would. I just cant take that chance. Sigh. So not yet, and I don't know if I'm ready.
Bit blurry, but it was movement going on.....Chirp landing on my knee to annoy Blackie, and Blackie turning away to ignore her
Maggie just stays out of it! LOL
Anyway, join in the fun lots of sponsors giving prizes!
xx






30 comments:
Cute origami cat and thanks for sharing your story about Blackie.
So sorry for your loss. What fun memories to treasure! I love your darling origami cat!!
What a supurrb origami cat. I wish I knew how to make him :-)
What a lovely story about Blackie. I bet he had a wonderful home with you and a fabulous life xxx
So sorry you lost Blackie, such a precious furbaby & bird! Beautiful origami kitty!
Cats are picky about who they like.
Great origami cat. Fun project.
Oh thats so special... yes cats are amazing creatures and I have had cats most of my life... and I cant work them out.. like the saying says... dogs have masters, cats have slaves!! They can be aloof and ignore you or jump on your legs and bite your ankles!! hehe! but they are very good pets and when you have had a loyal one, you dont forget them and they are hard to replace when they are gone.. fabulous origami too!
I love these stories about Blackie!!! And I love love love love that origami kitty!! That is just FABULOUS!!! Mr. Dandy is still here and kicking!! He is almost blind, mostly deaf, bad arthritis, and anything else associated with his old age of 18! LOL! But he still wants his nightly walks around the neighborhood, so there is that! :)
Thanks for sharing your Blackie with us. I love origami and this card is so precious.
So sorry for your losses! Blackie sounds like an amazing cat. Sure love your origami! Would love a link to the instructions, if you have it. xxD
One of my cats, Boo (who has also moved on to the Rainbow Bridge) was the same way - he literally HATED everyone but me! Nothing makes you feel as special as when a cat chooses YOU to be their person :) Your project is SO cool! Perfect for the hop & time of year :) xx Christi
Love that origami cat!! Enjoyed reading about Blackie!
Just saw that you are from Tasmania...exactly a year ago we were visiting Tassie and loved it!
My favorite make so far!! This is awesome and so unique
and so creative. Love it! I'm like you ... only reason I
don't own a kitty is because of my 24 year old Nanday Conure.
He's always out, flying around, so who knows what a kitty
would do ... natural instincts ya know. :-)
Awesome cat!
so cool cat!
your card is adorable!
Wow - wonderful origami cat! What a character Blackie was - thanks for sharing his beautiful story and sorry for your losses. x
You have had a very special cat! I'm sorry for your loss. I know well how is painful a lsot of a furry friend so devoted...
Your origami is just a delight, such wonderful creation!!!
Wonderful story about Blackie and I'm sad for your loss. But that origami cat is spectacular! So glad you shared it for the hop. :-D
Blackie was a very beautiful cat. As a cat lover, I thank you for sharing memories of him, and I thank you for sharing your artwork.
Oooh, I have to learn how to make an origami cat too...love this! Reading about all these cat stories makes me miss my own kitties so much. We lost our last cat in 2017 and I'll never forget any of those sweeties
Wow! I'm a big fan of origami art! Your black kitty is adorable!!!
Thanks for sharing these beautiful memories with us! I'm so sad for your loss... A big hug, Arianna
So sorry for your loss. Love your origami, nice.
Mandy, your origami is WONDERFUL!! I love how you did the eyes, too!! So much fun.
I think all us regular Hoppers miss Blackie. You gave us such warm, personal accounts of him that we all felt like we knew him and feel his loss. So glad you are hopping with us this year!!
Thanks so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Wow, your origami cat is stunning Have a pawsome day! 😻
Your origami cat is so cool!
Your oragami looks amazing! I've tried to do it, but have always had a hard time understanding the folds. LOL!
I am so sorry for your loss and completely understand about the heartache of missing your pets. Our last black cat "Boo" passed away last year on my birthday and she sounds a lot like your cat was. We used to say that she was part dog as well and she would never leave my side for a moment. If she didn't see me, she would start to cry and I would have to yell, "Boo, I'm right here!" Then, she would run as fast as she could to be by my side. LOL!
Thanks so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
rstevensoncreations.wordpress.com
Aaaw, Mandy, I always think of you when I think of the Cat Lovers Hop. I so enjoyed getting to know Blackie during previous hops and was very sad when he passed over the rainbow bridge. You must miss him so much. I know you have some beautiful scrap pages dedicated to Blackie and all those wonderful memories to cherish. I still miss my Muffin kitty and he's been gone 14 years.
Your origami kitty is absolutely gorgeous - I have never tried this art form before - it's beautiful!
Hugs,
Kitty
love the origami!
I love your origami cat! So cute. Your picture of you pets is awesome. I do hope you can get another kitty eventually. I have heard they can be trained. LOL
Love this beautiful post Mandy!
Post a Comment