Wednesday, 1 December 2010

123 CHALLENGE AND TISSUE PAPER TUTORIAL

 
 
The December criteria is up over at 123 Challenge..
 
And I've done a tutorial about working with tissue paper over at 123!
 
 
COLOUR – Pink
WORD – ‘Oh’
TECHNIQUE – Tissue Paper
  123-DEC-'OH'-LO2
Working with tissue paper adds texture, colour and dimension to your projects especially if it’s scrunched and crinkle a little bit.  Its great for recycling  - how much of this do we accumulate!  And it can be torn and painted and misted!
 
 
 
STEP ONE
123-Dec-'Oh'-Tute-1
Find a piece of tissue paper suitable for your project.  This pink piece will cover most of the 12x12 area leaving kind of a white border right the way around.
 
 
 
 
STEP TWO
 123-Dec-'Oh'-Tute-2
I’ve used a tape runner over the size of the area I want covered. You could use glue but try ‘hit and miss’ so that the tissue doesn’t stick completely flat to your background paper.
STEP THREE
  123-Dec-'Oh'-Tute-3 Work it so it puckers a bit.
 
 
 
STEP FOUR
123-Dec-'Oh'-Tute-4 Smooth it down a bit – and it should end up looking like this.
 
 
 
 
STEP FIVE
123-Dec-'Oh'-Tute-5 You could give it a touch of paint
 
 
 
 
STEP SIX
Image007 Or try misting!
 
 
 
 
 
STEP SEVEN
Image008 Layer on embellishments.
Note:
You can use the same technique with smaller pieces of tissue paper to mount a photo…  or in strips similar to how you would use trim. 
Using tissue from old dressmaking patterns work a treat too!
 


------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bon's Nov POTM challenge! Got it in just in time last night into their gallery!
Fabulous Basic Grey -Olivia!
-----------------------


 
At the moment I'm in the middle of a production of
'Peter Pan'
This was the newspaper photo with Hannah as Capt Hook!
Its taken out an unmeasurable amount of time the last few months, so after this weekend -
I'll get my life back
and
be on holidays and I can scrap and blog hop until my hearts content!!!!

YAY!


9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What beautiful LO's!!! I adore the tissue paper!!!

So glad that you will be able to sit back and relax a bit!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I love love love love these Mandy! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the tissue paper on that first one! And the play looks divine! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Melissa said...

Oh Mandy, what a truly great photo of Hannah in her costume....looks like a lot of fun.All your hard work has been worth it.Enjoy and kick back on your well deserved holidays Sweetie much love xx Mel

Oh PS....that LO made me gasp....so stunning. x

Peggy said...

First of all, congratulations with your win over at the Artastic Challenge blog ... well deserved!!!
I saw your LO this morning over at the 123 challenge blog ... and loved it even before I saw you were the one that made it. It's abolutely stunning!!!! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I'm really hoping to find some time to play along this month!
xxx Peggy

Jolanda said...

beauty's!!

ann said...

Beautiful LOs Mandy especially the one with Tissue I love working with Tissue xxx

Cathy said...

WOW Mandy absolutely stunning 123 LO... that tissue paper background is gorgeous!!! Your POTM Lo is gorgeous also... love the hand cut elements!!

Jasmine S said...

Hi Mandy, I have been following your work for a while and thought it was time I made a comment for you. I think your work is amazing and I love all of your details. Loving the tissue paper tutorial. I used it recently but I hadnt stuck it all down so I might try next time. It is a better effect for sure. Thanks for the inspiration.

jacque4u2c said...

I just love your layouts and all the fun elements that you used. They just ROCK!