Friday, 15 October 2021

Where have I been???

 Weeeeeell,  my poor neglected blog!  Time for a catch-up.

Where have I been?

The best news - I retired at the beginning of this year and its been so great that I've thrown myself into all the things I love to do but never had the time to do it!

    Scrapbooking, quilting, more art :) AND loving catching up with friends and looking after family.

We've had some sadness in the last 12 months or so with the loss of my beautiful mother-in-law and not long after, my equally beautiful father-in-law.  We think he died of a broken heart.  They had been together 72 years.  My girls broke their hearts too.  We miss them everyday.

What about the girls?... 

Meaghan is the CEO of her own company, has two master degrees and is about to start a Phd after receiving a scholarship.  

Hannah,  bought  her own house, works at our state library and still loves it. Surrounded by books will always keep her happy!

And Paige is now a high school teacher after gaining her masters degree, got engaged in January to Angus, who is a pharmacist and the pair are getting married this coming January - so happy!

Here's a layout I did of them for this blog in 2008

They've come a long way in 13yrs!


My dh and I have two cats Yassi (who you have met before here), and Minnie - our new addition

And we still have Maggie our cockatiel who is nearly 11 yrs old.

So that's us in a nutshell..... up to date :)

in progress.....

Fun quilt for Meaghan


And I'll be back soon to participate in the fabulous

Cat Lovers Hop



begins on 25th Oct!

So if you have some kitties... hope to see you there...

Yay, I'm back!!  

xx

3 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks for the update, lovely art and crafts.

Dale Tiernan said...

Yay, happy to see you back.
Sorry for your losses. Hard times to be sure. On top of Covid too. At least Tassie is a bit like here in WA and are managing this pandemic well.
Looking forward to seeing your art.

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow Hello there! You have had some ups and downs this year just like all of us.. It sounds like your Parents-in-law could not be apart but had to be together.. so sorry to hear that.. it would have been a difficult time for you all.. and your girls sound like they are doing well too... I look forward to seeing what you get up to next!!