Finally the first day has begun!
DAY 1 GAME: Kitty Roll Call and In Memoriam :(
Always, Day 1 Game is Kitty Roll Call where we share with each other the names of each of the cats that call your home
What a treat to be able to not only share with you one
cat – Yassi, but to introduce to you my newest addition – Minnie!
After losing my big black ex-feral ‘Blackie’ at 18yrs of age,
I was so upset and heartsick that I couldn’t bring myself to get another cat for over a year. Suddenly, out of the blue, I had this urge to go find another kitty to fill this dark space I felt.
Definitely had to be a rescue ( there is no other way) and I found a Tuxie, Yassi .
She can look pensive even reflective at times.
Her kittens had been adopted out and she was left alone and somewhat shut down in her pen. Yes, she was the one for me. I’d bring sunshine to that little heart break she was nursing and she would help me nurse mine. Yassi is now 4yrs old.
That brings me to Minnie 18months later – I finally retired and the first thing I was contemplating was to foster a ‘shutdown’ kitty, so off I set and this tiny little black kitty was as frightened as I’ve ever seen. Her story… she had been left in a crate with no blanket in the middle of a freezing winter’s night outside the shelter facility. When they arrived the next morning, they found a half frozen little cat and within 48 hours, she had delivered one kitten which didn’t live. Minnie was about 1yr old. I knew I needed to take her. And weeeeeell, she ended up a foster-fail. She’s mine, she’s adorable and very very playful, needy and loving – perfect for me! Ten months on and she’s the funniest little loving clown I could ever ask for. So very very lucky!





28 comments:
Hi Mandy! Good to see you again!! Love your purrfectly fun layout and what cuties both kitties are.
so cute cats!
thats so nice !
Hello from Cat Lovers blog hop!
Love your layout and your cat is so funny
Hello Mandy - so good to see you again at the Cat Lovers Hop this year! Congratulations on the new addition to your feline family. She is the cutest little thing. I too love black cats! Your page shows her spirit and playfulness - no wonder you adopted her. Have fun this week,and I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects. xx
The cats are both so cute and love the layout you created! Looks like Minnie is having so much fun!
Love your layout!
What a wonderful layout and story, Mandy! So happy to see you again this year at the Cat Lovers Hop. :-D
Awww, so happy that you found Yassi and Minnie to fill your heart again. Minnie is so darn adorable and I'll be she has you laughing every day!
What pretty kitties! Thanks for sharing your story and the pics!
LOVE that little cartoon of the hogging the center of the bed...it made me giggle! Thank you for sharing your story of Yassi and Minnie. They look like adorable cats, and I do love Tuxedo kitties. Minnie's big round eyes remind me so much of my sweet Bailey, who was a feral kitten I trapped under our backyard shed. He was never quite tame, except with me, and it broke my heart when he had to be put down due to an incurable lung infection. They really do burrow into our hearts, don't they?
Great layout - black cats are the best! Our pepsi made it to 18.
Oh, what super sweet kitties. Thank you for adopting :-D
Your layout is gorgeous.
Lovely to meet you on the Cat Hop.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=
My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog
Awesome layout of your kitties 🐈⬛!
Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
Amazing project. Hello from Cat Lovers blog hop!
Waving hi from the Cat Lovers Hop! First of all, thanks for leaving the lovely comment on my blog - it's great to catch up with you, too! Always so sad to lose our beloved fur babies but it makes the new ones easy to love at the same time. Your layout is gorgeous!
Quilts and a cute cat. This is very cute. Glad they all bring joy to you. [Bunny]
Your tribute brought a tear to my eye. There's really nothing quite like being owned by a mini house panther! We lost ours in 2016 and I feel a layout in the making on what is Black Cat Day. Much love from a fellow scrapbooker! xx
I am owned by a house panther - my first ever - and I have already decided there will be many more!! Your "foster fail" is the main reason I can't foster - I can't even look at the cats up for adoption online without wanting them ALL :) Love the layout of moments :) Christi
I enjoyed your post today and the great layout of your kitty!
I love your story about Yassi and Minnie and so glad you found each other. I love black cats too and Minnie is a beauty. Your layout tells the story. They rescued you as well.
Hi Mandy! I love cats, cat people, and the people who support them all! I loved hearing about your cat chowder! Take care!
Love your terrific scrapbook page and also your story! It really touched my heart! So glad you gave those sweeties the good home they deserved! I love the pictures and so glad you shared your story of them!
I always end up crying when I read about your kitties. Thank you for rescuing these poor souls - they needed you as much as you needed them! I love your layout on Minnie and I enjoyed reading your heartwarming post. We lost two kitties since the last hop (both to kidney disease). We have one kitty left and he's 17, diabetic, and has thyroid disease; both conditions are controlled. I always enjoy catching up with you each year at the hop!
Hugs,
Kitty
What a lovely layout and accompanying story. She is a beautiful cat.
oh yes cats do get in your heart and soul and they have such different personalities.. The cat we have now was from the RSPCA and her name was Oddball because she is a a black tortoise shell and bits of every color, and so my daughter changed her name to Orva which means Brave Friend..(now her colors are beautiful) Fabulous layout with all the fun photos!
Oh, Mandie.....All of us who have been around the Cat Hop for a number of years still fondly remember your dear Blackie. What a wonderful old gentleman kitty....still so loved and missed.
Yassi is prettier than ever and I am so glad you have a new companion, too.....precious little Minnie!! What a heartbreaking tale of her past but it is now overshadowed by the wonderful Forever Home she has with you. <3
I always thoroughly enjoy your original drawings and sketches and, of course, your fabulous LOs. Those pics of Minnie playing are beyond adorable!! Are those her real pawprints in white???? What a great keepsake idea!! Wonderful seeing a couple shots of you and Minnie together.....both of you are beautiful.
Thanks so much for participating in the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop.
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
I can see in your page the love and magic of bonding with this little cutie! Beautiful story!
Beautiful heartwarming heartbreaking and adorable story and scrapbook page...I've got tears in my eyes while typing so BIG HUGS from me for loving your kitties and giving them forever homes!
Thanks for hopping over to LeighSBDesigns Inspiration Blog and leaving us lots of kitty loves for the Cat Lovers Hop, your comments are appreciated!
Stay Crafty!
Leigh
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com
Post a Comment