Saturday, 28 October 2017

Cat Lovers Hop Day 4

 
 
My oh my,  the days move along so quickly!
 
 
Today the story is about:
Tell us about a time when you had to travel with your cat.
 
That's often! It's the dreaded vet visit!  I try to hide the cat carrier around the corner of the door where Blackie cant see it, then with one quick careful scoop up..... he's around that door and into the carrier before he has a chance of realising what's happening (he has monthly visits)
Otherwise... he goes all 'starfish'  and claws with me trying to get him into it!
 
So once in the car....  not a peep... until we are almost there and then he starts....yeow-ing
on the way home yeowing!   Awful sound! 
Why do I feel so guilty!! 
And I find myself apologising to him!
 
Sheesh, they were right when they said
'Dogs have owners and cats have staff'!!!
LOL...so jolly true!
 
Another page :)
 
Chirp is our pet sparrow  (another little chick rescue job)  and she teases Blackie.. its remarkable that he just doesn't swat her when she swoops on him (yes that's right - she swoops him for fun!!) That shows how much Chirp does not know about the outside world.
I know Blackie 'thinks' about grabbing him... yet the feeling passes and he looks away.
 
 
 
You can find the Cat hop
 
 
xx
 
 


15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Dogs have owners and cats have STAFF!!! That is HILARIOUS!!!!!! We are lucky that Mr. Dandy is ALWAYS just excited to go on a car ride! So he never minds the visits to the vet! LOL!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

I always dread visits to the vet. Goliath would prefer to fire his "Staff " on those occasions. LOL When I saw that pic of your "pet" really!?! sparrow I was sure that he would soon be lunch. Would be in our house, for sure. Amazing page and story. xxD dlmundinger(at)yahoo(dot)com USA

Becca Yahrling said...

Well, going to the vet is scary, right?! Can't blame Blackie. Poor guy. I'm sure he's very thankful, deep down, if he feels a bit better after to go exploring. :-) Sweet layout.
rebyah1 @ gmail dot com USA

D.Ann C said...

Bwahahaha... 'he goes all starfish' Yep! that perfectly describes it!! Did you see the new Simon's Cat 'movie' (12 minutes)? It's all about the vet's visit. Too funny! (I linked to it on my post with the green cards and black and white cats).
I wish now, that I had also posted my answers to Janis's prompts on my blog as well as in the comments on her posts. That was a great idea! Maybe next year I'll try that.
Your album is sweet and it's amazing Chirp and Blackie get along!

Sue D said...

I like your story of going to the vet and the great layout of Blackie and Chirp.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA

Fikreta said...

great story.
and so nice layout!

Craftychris said...

Tee hee, that is one seriously brave sparrow! xxx
smith dot craftychris at gmail dot com uk

Beverly S. said...

Sweet scrapbook page....and your post made me smile. It has been nice reading about your cat's antics. :)

Beverly S
theladystamper2000atyahoodotcom

Denise Bryant said...

Love the story of Blackie and the bird. I have a bird also, but I am pretty sure Coco would have him for lunch if she ever got the chance!
deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom
US

ike said...

What a great story and amazing story with Chirp !!!
Great to meet you at the Cat Hop.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Karenladd said...

Wow, I am really impressed that you actually rescued and tamed a sparrow! I can only imagine what goes through Blackie's mind as he watched Chirp hop just beyond his reach!

Lizzyc said...

oh poor blackie going to the vet so often... but i know it is for his good.. out cat loves her travel box and will happily spend time in it.. not sure how she will go for her yearly vet check coming up soon though!!

Lisa Lynn said...

My male cat traveled well and was good at the vet and my two girls are so scared that they climb up on each other and sweat so bad. Sweet scrapbook page.

Janis said...

Brilliant post and LO with Blackie and Chirp. (Mandy, you are amazing rescuing a bird and keeping him, too!!)

LOL @ Going all starfish and claws!! Great description. My Shy-Cat goes all starfish and claws whenever we pick her up because *sometimes* it is to administer more sub-Q fluids. So she does her pre-emptive passive aggressive starfish and a pitiful howl, just in case. She loathes getting fluids and watches the syringe I am using with the stink-eye as the plunger goes down. Poor old girl!

Thank you so much joining in the #CatLoversHop 2017!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Carole J said...

How amazing to have a pet cat and sparrow! Love your "all starfish and claws" expression - I know that pose! Beautiful layout of your handsome cat and sparrow! x