Sunday, 29 October 2017

Cat Lovers Hop Day 5

 
 
Running to catch up!!
 
 
Today we write about:
What are your favorite cat books?  
 
This was second hand when I picked it up
and have to say what a joy! 
The cat had such a similar story to Blackie that it was almost unbelievable when reading the words -
I kept thinking ... they have my cat!
It was all about a rescue cat... dirty, starving and untrusting....just as Blackie was when we found him..  so I was hooked.  (And I tend to read Christmas books at Christmas time - this was last years)


Today... YES today, Hannah went to a giant book fair where the whole community donates their unwanted books for charity and then we can go in and hunt for great finds ... and low and behold...she found this one for me!!   Number 2!!  Who knew!!  So yet to read, but looks as sweet as the first one! 
Another kitty book for a Christmas time read!

 
 
Out in the sunshine and out exploring.....
 
 
 
You can find the Hop HERE
 
xx
 


17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwww those books sound fabulous!!!!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

Love seeing these wonderful photos of Blackie in your layouts.
There is a 3rd book in this series: The Best Cat Ever. I haven't read any of them myself, but if I see them, I'll know to pick them up at your recommendation of the 1st one. :-)
rebyah1 @ gmail dot com USA

D.Ann C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D.Ann C said...

Yes! I love those three books!! I got mine at the library's used book store - a great bargain. (FYI, Spoiler alert: there's a sad ending in book three, as there always is in non-fiction kitty books. In spite of that, I LOVE those books!). What an amazing cat!
Love your Out and about layout! Are those watercolors done by you? They're great!

Sue D said...

Those books look interesting and great photos on your layout.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA

Christi Conley said...

Blackie is so beautiful and looks SO happy out & about! My kitties have to stay inside as it's illegal to let your cat roam where I live, plus there are a few predators who'd happily snatch them up for lunch. It's been a pleasure hopping with you :)
Christi
Stampin Diva {at} yahoo {dot} com
USA

Fikreta said...

its so very nice!

Beverly S. said...

Lucky finding the book at the used book sale. :) Another pretty page for your scrapbook!!!!

Beverly S
theladystamper2000atyahoodotcom

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty layout! And I didn't know there was a second book out... have not come across it!
deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom
US

ike said...

Fabulous layout - what a gorgeous kitty :-)
Great to meet you at the Cat Hop.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Karenladd said...

Hmmmm, not sure if I've read these books yet but I'll be sure to look for them at my library. Your album for Blackie is just wonderful and really captures his personality. I wish that I had taken more photos of my cats but they never stood still enough to get more than a blur in passing...sigh.

Lizzyc said...

Oh that is lovely to find the second book! I wonder if there is a third one! love the double page with all those photos!!

Craftychris said...

Those books look fabulous! Will look out for them. Fab page with all the lovely photos. xxx
smith dot craftychris at gmail dot com uk

KT Fit Kitty said...

Nice spread of Blackie outdoors! My kitties are indoor cats but Snowie is always at the door wanting to go out. I have not read those books but they looks very good!

Lisa Lynn said...

Great layout of your cat. Mine never leave the comforts of the inside. Look like some good reads.

Janis said...

How timely to receive that second book just on the right day for my Favorite Cat Book prompt!! How like a cat to do something like that. :)

Love seeing Blackie being adventurous. There is something about being outside that energizes a cat...as long as they can come back inside when they are ready. Beautiful shots of your beautiful Blackie!!

Thank you so much for joining in the #CatLoversHop2017!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Carole J said...

Beautiful layout - so lovely to see Black enjoying the sunshine. x