Wednesday, 28 October 2020

DAY 3: 2020 Cat Lovers Hop

 


IT's Day 3!! 

of the Cat Lovers Hop! 

So today's game is a POEM!

My poem, I thought this time I'd write about my dear old Blackie (18yrs) who is now not with us.... being an ex-feral, he hated going outside, but every now and then he got curious but something would always happen just as he got brave enough to dash his hopes.

'Oh black cat creeps out the door,
Check the path back is clear what’s more
Tiptoeing light on black padded paw
Bang, a noise! He’s shot back through the door!'

My Blackie - look how worried he was..... such a scaredy cat.

 

The prize for the game is a digital image is from  Ike's Art digital set 'It wasnt me'


--------------------------------

My Kitty project today is Little Paper Bags

made just from a single piece of paper - I've used  approximately 10"x7" 

And took no time at all!  They can be stamped or stickered for example, used for parties, 

or like me...  more practical :) 


 

                                                                 Here's the link to PLAY :) 

Love this place!


xx


24 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Very cute projects and really useful too

Suzanne H said...

Super project and great poem. I have to think about my entry - I'm not much of a poet.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee that poem and the bags!!!!

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Great idea for bags. Thank you for the template.

NanaConnie said...

What a great idea for keeping your pencils nice and handy, Mandy! Love your cat meme at the start of your post and such sweet photos of Blackie. I have a feral-born cat, too, and he's a total wuss. Not only will he not venture outside, he hides under the bed any time a visitor comes by. At the sound of a strange car pulling into the driveway, he's off like a shot, under the bed, not to be seen again until 15 minutes after visitors are gone. Love, love, LOVE your poem!

Becca Yahrling said...

what fun treat bags these would make for any occasion. I love how you added your pencils to them. Paw-some and creative idea, Mandy. ;-)

LeslieT said...

I absolutely love your cat design! So happy to participate with you in the Cat Lovers Hop this year!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap 2

Cindy Holmes said...

AWWWWW your little bags are just so adorable looking! And such a clever idea too!

Ashley Cortez said...

These bags are really cute I need to make some for my niece's and nephews for their school supplies

Beverly S. said...

Love your poem about your "Blackie." :) Creative with the bags too....made all the cuter with cats!

Beverly S. said...

Cute poem and love your creative creations!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Blackie, what a beauty! Love your song/poem and your wonderful bags! So glad that you gave that beautiful kitty such a good home and a good life! My black cat (P.J. is a scaredy cat too!)

Vivian Foo said...

Cute and so useful too.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh these are brilliant wee bags. I might have to try one out as I need something to pop a few sweets in for Halloween. Loving visiting your blog, Hazel (Didos) x

Dina said...

You are so creative! What a brilliant idea to make the bags! So nice to get to know people in this blog hop!

Fikreta said...

these are so lovely!

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the picture at the top:). I have seen and made paper bags before, but I never thought of standing them up like that. Does the card/paper have to be a specific thickness or weight?

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your kitty-themed paper bags are awesome - what a great and fun way to store your coloured pencils! I think I'm going to try these - thank you for sharing the pattern showing how to fold the paper as well as the measurement you used for your paper. I may have seen this fold before, maybe on a YouTube video; love how they turned out! Thanks for the inspiration!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Fun kitty cat makes!
Happy Creating & Stay Safe!
Leigh
www.LeighSBDesigns.com
www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

SHartl said...

I'll bet my two girls would love to make a fun container like this from a paper bag! By the way, I am cracking up at your funny cat memes too.

Roberta Stevenson said...

Love your drawings for when a cat doesn't move. Too funny. Awesome project and Blackie was beautiful! I love black cats. All of mine have now passed on too. Last one was 2.5 years ago on my birthday and it still feels like yesterday for all of them. THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!

Carole J said...

Lovely little paper bags and so practical and easy to make. Thanks for sharing, Mandy! Love your meme - I should do this for my Casey! :) xx

Sue D said...

Great idea--so cute.

Janis said...

Awwwww....Sweet Blackie! Lovely poem remembering him. Our exotic Siamese, Perdita, (Hop Badge 2017 on your sidebar <3 ) is scared like that to go outside, too. Her past is a bit of an enigma, but a supposed "pet store" wanted to be rid of her and was giving her away. They said she used to rush out the door where they were located and they were afraid she'd get hit by a car. Well she is definitely a homebody here....which is fine with us!

Love your wonderful bags! What a great way to use some patterned paper or to decorate in fun ways. Love your drawings on the sacks....esp with the kitty face peering out of the tree!

I am slowly visiting each of the projects and enjoy lingering at each one. I don't want to miss a thing!!
Thank you so much for joining in the feline fun at our #2020CatLoversHop!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com