Oh no! Its the very last day to enter projects for the Cat Lovers Hop!
And I'm so sad about it because:
Its got me out of hibernation and scrapping again!
I've bought some new stamps after seeing so gorgeous ones out and about in blogland
AND I've caught up with fellow bloggers that I now call my Cat Lovers Hop family even though just once a year. Afterall... its been every year for six years!!!
So Day 5 is done...
And the game is:
What is the Most Expensive or Most Precious Thing Your Cat has Destroyed?
Sigh, Yassi did when we first got her... she clawed right on top of the arm of our brand new leather couch. I think we gave her such a fright with both of us raised spontaneously out of our chairs screaming 'noooooooooooo' .......... that's all it took...........that did the trick! Needless to say she never did it again.
It almost looks like she tried to write something!!!
But still,.. I was so disappointed, but she wasn't to know and her claws were so hideously long, so much so that I had the vet clip them as they caught in everything she laid her paws on and she would forever be trying to pull out of it. The vet showed me how to clip her claws and she's been a happy camper ever since .
The prize for the game is a digital image is from
---------------------------------------------
My project today is for my Project Life Album
It is a page where in March, suddenly we got the news we were in lockdown and my business had to cease trading, and just try to decipher what was happening. On the good side, it was a time to hit the reset button, get some quality home time even though my hubby still had to work being an essential worker, and I got to love my cat and my crafts more....






24 comments:
HA!!! That quote in the lower right handed corner of your page... TOOOOOO FUNNY!!!! (And true!!!) I loveeeeeeeeeee that page! So AWESOME!!! And too bad about the couch.. ouch!!!!!
Love the Pooh and Piglet image and sentiment. So true. Your post is lovely and sums up how I feel too. We regularly clip our cats nails now that our daughter showed us how and why it's necessary. One is very easy, the other two I have to do it when they are deep asleep. Sometimes I only get one foot done and have to try again another and another and another time. Lovely work.
Lovely layout.
Mandy....this is not exactly the last day of the Hop! We still have tomorrow (with a Just For Fun Daily Game) and the Wrap-Up Day on Sunday. Those days will be especially for hopping or for those who still haven't reached their 5 project goal yet. :)
Thanks so much for sharing your new adventures with Yassi and memories of Blackie with us this week! I have a faux leather loveseat that is pierced in a similar fashion as Yassi's needlework, thanks to our Othello! I love your LO...such vivid autumn colors and wonderful pictures of Yassi. Your combo of personal journaling, photos, and journaling cards is always fabulous!!
I will get back over here to commenting on your other projects, I just wanted to remind you that today is not actually the last day of the Hop! Yay!!
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Fab layout! Always love this image and sentiment of Poo and Piglet!
Popped over from The Cat Lovers Hop!
And
Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
The page is wonderful and also timely, Mandy, but that card is superb! I adore the cats in black and gray and how you turned them into Halloween. :-D
I love your page! You have a great eye for layouts! And we too have a lovely souvenir from kitties scratching at leather furniture.
Everything about this layout is purrfect. The sentiments are pawsome. It just flows so purrfectly. I love it! Loved all your makes and it was good to 'see' you again! Thank you, also, for all your sweet comments on my cards; always means soooo much! xoxo Becca
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! your layout! it is just so precious! Wow I honestly couldn't think of anything that my cats have done to destroy anything? HAHA!
Strange year indeed! I love your sweet scrapbook page! It has certainly been a year of challenges but at the same time it has taught us to value things we took for granted. :)
Visiting from the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop... your cat project is awesome!
I really like how you did your project I need to do some like that for my babies it's really neat,thanks for sharing
Cute design. I love your cats.
What a fantastic page to remind you in the future of what a very strange year this has been.
The Winnie the Pooh card is so apt at the moment. It’s a great page. Did you design and print out the background? I was trying to work out the size of your page. I did wonder what your business is, I hope lockdown didn’t cause financial problems. It’s not easy living through this crisis is it! We went to Tasmania in 1998, my brother lives in Perth. I loved Australia. I wish I had a Tardis so I could just pop over without the long plane flight.
so very beautiful page!
FURRtastic kitty cat makes!
Thanks for visiting LeighSBDesigns Inspiration blog!
Happy Creating & Stay Safe!
Leigh
www.LeighSBDesigns.com
www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
I just love seeing your scrapbook pages, and am feeling pretty guilty about the fact that I still haven't finished my 10 year old's baby book! Don't even ask me if I've gotten to my 6 year old's, or my almost-two year old's book either.
Thanks for sharing your sweet page about kitties during COVID shut down. there are some silver linings about all this, I guess. At least we have kitty time!
Loving your page! So glad you have such a sweet kitty to keep you company! And I agree with the others, that quote at the bottom is so funny, and true!
Love all of the adorable pictures and your scrapbook page looks amazing!
Loving your page with your kitty photos and funny husband and wife comment! It has been a strange year, and not one we want to replicate in a hurry. I feel you pain as my sofa has similar kitty graffiti on it. xx
Great layout. I like the piglet and Pooh card.
Awesome cat moments in your post! Happy blogging!
so very beautiful page!Great layout..
clipping path
Post a Comment