Tuesday, 27 October 2020

DAY 1: 2020 Cat Lovers Hop!

 

Hahaha! 

and...

Have you heard the news.....

DAY 1: 2020 CAT LOVERS HOP

 has started!

There is a daily game, and as usual for the last five years of hops, it starts with 'Roll Call', the kitties owned and/or passed away.  

Weeeell, this is my  Yassi, my little tuxie you all learned about last year. 

 

 She has been the best companion especially when it came to Covid lockdown!  Who knew when I got her last June after being without a cat for over 12 months  (it took me that long to get over Blackie's passing),

              (Blackie)

 that Yassi would be instrumental in keeping me company and sane through what has been a trying year and what has transpired with the world.  The power of paws!

    A day in the life....

There are prizes, even for the daily game :) 

So today, the featured digital image is from  Ike's Art digital set 'It wasnt me'

Oh my gosh!  I totally love this! It reminds me of how Blackie used to hide under our Christmas tree! (so, fingers crossed!)

 
 

Thats Day 1 done!   

Gotta love this!

xx

27 comments:

Ashley Cortez said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your cat I've been through that before with the loss of mine I would have never though I would get over that but I knew I had to move on with life

Vivian Foo said...

Sorry for your loss. I took a really long time to get over with my loss too.

Becca Yahrling said...

Yassi is soooo purrty! And love your awesome (& informative - the whole purpose of scrapping!) layout. You know they're sweet when they bring you 'gifts'. LOL I've rescued a few of our lizards from our Anna Banana. hehe I love our lizards, too.

Fikreta said...

so very nice!
Hi from Cat lovers blog hop!

valscraftings said...

Fabulous card!

Popped over from Cat Lovers!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh its always so hard when we loose our kitties. Love Yassi, what a pretty kitty. Its always been tuxedo kitties Ive had till I got Harry in March. Love your journal pages, Hazel Didos xx

Dina said...

I adore your kitties. I have four, and they are such members of the family. Love the journal pages!

Suzanne H said...

I'm so glad you have Yassi to keep you company. Love your journal page.

NanaConnie said...

Mandy, That is such a fabulous page! Yassi is so wonderfully photogenic. Obviously she knew you needed great pics of her for the Cat Lovers Hop. :-D It does take time to let another fur baby fill the empty space but I'm glad you've had her during this crazy year. :-D

Carole J said...

Hello Mandy - I'm visiting from the Cat Lovers Blog Hop. This is a lovely scrapbook page featuring your adorable Yassi. She looks very inquisitive and I'm sure she thinks she is helping you :) Looking forward to seeing more photos of her as the week progresses. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Yassi is adorable but I'm so sorry for the loss of your Blackie.
Lovely layout!!

Cindy Holmes said...

Cats truly are such a blessing! They really do make our days better! I really love your layouts a lot!

Jane Willis said...

I've been really wishing I had a cat again since this dreadful pandemic started - they really do make staying at home worthwhile, don't they? This is a really beautiful collection of photos, perfectly presented.

Karenladd said...

I love the story of Yassi as your COVID shut down companion this year. Who would have ever thought we would still be in the midst of the pandemic. How life has changed. One thing that hasn't though, is the welcome companionship of our sweet fur babies.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I remember Blackie well from previous hops! I like your Yassi kitty - what a gorgeous tuxedo coat! Your page is beautiful! Nice to see you again at the hop this year!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Losing our furry friends is heartbreaking! I have lost a few myself over the years, but it always makes me so happy to think that every time one of my kitties has gone, there's room in my heart and home for just one more! I have three now, and number three just walked into our lives from outside. May your future of falloff kitties!

LeslieT said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We sure love them like our children. On a happier note, I absolutely love your cat page! So happy to participate in the Cat Lovers Hop with you this year!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap 2

Lori Kobular said...

Yassi is beautiful and I love your layout of her! I just got 3 kittens at the end of June this year and they are keeping me sane with Covid! You are very right about the Power of the Paw!! Best of luck with your new kitty!!

Beverly S. said...

How darling! Love your pretty, pretty scrapbook page about your new "furry friend." :) We have ended up with four new kittens at my house this summer and they too have kept me sane in this crazy covid time. :)

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

What a gorgeous baby! Mine have been helping me during this time also! I LOVE your page; it is beautiful! You have such an awesome helper!!! :)

Crafting With Jack said...

It’s always a little sad when we think of pets that are no longer with us. Each new pet is a joy in itself, all so individual. They give us so much! Love your page, it’s a good job those lizards can grow their tales back :)

Janis said...

Yassi is such a sweetheart. I am so glad you have her....and she has you! Love how you put it...the Power of Paws! Awww...our kitties add so much joy to our lives.
Fabulous LO, Mandy! Love all the fun things you share with us. Cats are naturals at helping with sewing, since they come equipped with their own needles! Ha.
Thank you so much for participating in the #2020CatLoversHop!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

FURRtastic kitty cat makes, love everything!
Happy Creating & Stay Safe!
Leigh
www.LeighSBDesigns.com
www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

Laurie2cats said...

Lovely layout, your kitty is adorable!

SHartl said...

Yassi is such a handsome cat, and a great photo subject!!

Roberta Stevenson said...

Yassi is beautiful! Sorry to hear about Blackie, but I totally understand how it took a long time to accept another fur baby into your heart. All of my cats have been black. My last little girl "Boo" past away 2.5 years ago on my birthday. We have such an amazing connection and it still feels like yesterday to me for all of the pets I've lost. After losing her, I'm not sure I could go through it again. It looks like Yassi loves your sewing machine! LOL! Also, really love your little Cat rules at the top of your post. So true.

Sue D said...

This is a fabulous layout!