Our hearts broke as the vet could no longer do anything that could help our very loved 18 year old boy. He had a couple of rough nights and I stayed with him but knew deep down that it was time. What a beautiful soul... more 'knowing' than any cat I'd ever owned..
We did have him for a long time, and yes he was old, but it doesn't help the heart understand... mine just hurts....
it was one of those life's hardest decisions, but the right one....
xx

16 comments:
Oh no!! I am so sorry for your loss. Huge hugs and love to all of you! <3
oh I am so sad with you, I know what that feels like to have to say good bye to a much loved fur baby... I hope in time you will not feel that terrible hurt and will be able to remember all the wonderful memories that you will cherish each day.. love and hugs... let the tears fall...
So very, very sad to hear of Blackie's passing, Mandy. You were the best family for this dear old kitty....from rescuing him as a tiny thing to taking care of him in his last difficult months. I know the pain of losing a cat that has become truly a member of the family. May the richness of what he brought to your home be felt for many years to come. Hugs and love!
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Actually, I am remembering now that he was NOT a tiny thing when you earned his trust....he was a feral that took his time, wasn't he? My apologies for forgetting that! All the more a testimony to your devoted care for him!!
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Oh no, Mandy, this makes me so sad. I felt like I got to know Blackie during the Cat Lover's hops, and he was such a sweet boy. I can only imagine how much your heart aches right now and how much you miss him. I still long for my beloved Muffin-kitty and he's been gone for nearly 12 years.
He was my baby for 18 years and was always at my side. Please accept my sincere sympathies in the loss of your dear Blackie. I know how much you loved him as was evident in your blog posts and scrap pages about him. Sending lots of hugs.
Mandy, I wish there was something I could say that would b ring you comfort but having lost my own 18 year old cat almost 2 years ago, all I can say is I truly understand. The empty spot will never really fill but the pain and sense of loss will lessen over time. I did love all your stories about Blackie. He became 'real' to all your readers because you shared him so generously with us.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Blackie. Sending gentle hugs to you and happy times to Blackie over the rainbow bridge. xxD
I wish I could help with your pain! Having lost many cats I know that the pain can be very hard to deal with! Blackie is waiting for you now, to join him and all the other critters that have had a place in your heart. If you need to talk, even just vent, please feel free to friend me on FaceBook, or send me an email, StampinDiva at yahoo dot com. You are not alone! <3 Hugs xoxo
Sending you a hug on the loss of your Blackie. I've been fortunate enough to be owned by 5 different cats over the years and they all hold a special place in my heart. Making the decision to let them go is never easy, but is done with love and mercy. If Blackie could thank you for all the love over the years, I'm sure he would. Thank you for letting us get to know him as well and I hope the good memories eventually overshadow the sad ones.
Oh Mandy, I am so sorry for the loss of Blackie. Unfortunately the longer you've had them the harder it is. We lost our 21 y/o 'M.T.' (short for Multi Toes) nearly 3 yrs. ago and I still miss him. They truly are a part of our families. We were, as you and your family are, so fortunate to have him for so long to have all of the memories with him. I feel your loss....(((HUGS)))
So sorry for the loss you are experiencing.I know it hurts. Big Hugs,Tee
Oh, such sad news Mandy. I am so sorry for your loss of the beautiful boy. My Sami is now 18 + as hasn't done bad for a Greek cat, but I now worry each day. I hope you will hold onto your happy memories of lovely Blackie for ever and I hope your pain soon eases. (((((HUGS))))
Love IKE xxxx
I am so sorry for your loss, Mandie. I know nothing but time can ease the pain. Just remember all the fun times. And thank you so much for sharing them with us. :-)
Im so very sorry dear friend.
I know anything I say will not bring your loved kitty back...
sending lots of hugs and love
Oh Mandy, I am so sad to read this. Dear old Blackie. May he rest in peace and in time, I hope your hurting heart heals. He was such a lovely boy.
So very sorry to hear of Blackie's passing. May time heal your aching heart and good memories comfort you and bring you peace. Heaven has another angel. x
Post a Comment