This week I thought I'd have another go at doing a three page layered drawing.
So here the first page is the window frame, the second is the pot plant sitting at the window and the third is the background page of the door and bookcase.
Hard to tell the layers from this photo though...
Started with a sketch of a window....
And then cut out the 'panes'
The 2nd page... cut out the negative space leaving the pot plant
Now with the window pane overlay
With the 3rd page is in background now yet to be sketched and painted
The start of the sketch. I actually had drawn the door knob down lower (as you can see) only to end up being covered by the window framing, so had to draw it higher
Watercolour pencils and a water-well brush
You can join in
-------------------------------------
Remember to join in ..........
Our Beautiful World......
Share your 'Stairs' photography

----------------------------------
AND........
What you can do with a kraft coloured paper bag?
--------------------------------
Have a great weekend!
xx










22 comments:
oh this is so clever Mandy! I'm so glad you showed all the stages as it is hard to appreciate the layers from the first photo - it's so intricate and really lovely! Great quote as always too!
Wonderful and interesting project. Love the ready art piece ♥
This looks wonderful! Love the depth of your drawing! And the layers you have achieved too! Your pages are amazing!
Oh my goodness, Mandy! I can't even tell you how much I love these pages! I especially like the way you cut out the windows. Your sentiment is so true! Wonderful and very creative, my friend! TGIF!!! HUGS to you!
Fantastic work, I would like to try something like that when I have time, too. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie
Ooooo! I love your layered drawings......so clever.
Beautiful page! Thanks for showing the different steps, love how you layered it. And I love that quote!
Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is amazing! LOVING how you layered the window and loveeeeeee that quote!!!!!!
What really wonderful details and layers. Your illustration of the window with all those books is amazing, and love the quote too!
Just love this ~ The drawing, the layers, the color and the words!
I so love how your brain works....and then how you can make it happen. This is just beyond clever. I LOVE IT. Shopping soon for my gell pens.
Thanks for being such an inspiration.
Have a great weekend...Hugs.
Great depth and layers...this is such a pretty piece!! Fun tutorial!
Wonderful quote too!
Hugs Giggles
Oh man! That is soooo clever...love it! Wonderful, wonderful idea.....& the colours with all the books....way nice:):)
I love it! Thank you for sharing the process too. Blessings!
What a fabulous idea! The window has a wonderful 3-d quality. Happy PPF
Love the quote very much Mandy,
and the picture itself
and how you made it is
just beautiful! :)
I'm going to copy that idea,
as soon as I start with
my book :))
Have a beautiufl weekend Mandy!
Möwe
Wow, Mandy! This is SO cool! You have created a very stunning little scene here, and it's such a fun surprise to have it open up into all those intricate layers! Wow! Love the quote, too. You always come up with just the most perfect thing to say!
Wonderful painting and great work with the window
This is so cool! I love it.
It was not until the internet I learned that people use books for art. I never thought of doing that, only thought of it as reading material because I love reading. I love looking at what others do but can't bring myself to paint on a book or cut it up. lol
I really thought this is a neat idea thought. Very clever.
Very beautiful design!
Love and hugs
Maarit
The 3D effect of the window pane is beautiful! Always enjoy your illustrations on books -- so eye-catching!
Post a Comment