Wednesday, 26 October 2016

12 Tags of Christmas, Cat Lover's Hop, and Halloween Cards for Scrap Therapy

 
Oh my goodness...
There's a bit of everything today.
Christmas, Cats & Halloween!
 
I feel like my mojo that has been missing for the best part of the year is back from long service leave!
Afterall, it's been 15 yrs since I started scrapping!
 
I'm a little late coming into the game with
I felt so inspired to get some festive projects done.
 
Here's my Week 1 tag 
(the blog is up to week 5!!!)
Ah weeell, I'll catch up!
 
My inspiration was how the tree line overlapped on Linda's tag,
the music note clip in reference to the music note stamped background.
a yellow star to top the tree. If you look carefully you might see a drawn
star peeping out from behind a brad bauble......and a bow :)

 
What's the tree made of?  Well a used dryer sheet (fabric softener) coated
 with gesso and put through the printer. Then some black outliner  to give more definition
 
Let's see if I can catch up!!
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/2016/10/the-2016-cat-lovers-hop-is-here.html
 
 
The Day 2 Challenge was to name all your cats
I only have one...
Blackie, my re-educated ex-feral.
What a beautiful cat he has turned out to be with quite the story.
I've never had another cat like him before.
 
And here' my project for the day...
Got my heading page done for Blackie's little 4x4" album..
Nothing too complex so I can keep scrapping and get it done :)
 
It's been lovely hopping around the other participant's blogs and
learning their kitty stories. 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
I do love a bit of a get together for Halloween.
There isn't any huge pre-planning and invites go out the week before...
and some can make it, some cant and that's okay - any excuse for a little gathering!!
Because my SIL and her grown daughter are scrappers - they love my cards soooo in their pocket pages the cards go along with photos of our night together - always a bit of fun!!
 
These cards only took three products - and quick to make...
 
Head on over to the Scrap Therapy Blog to see the details :)
 
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
xx
 
 
 

23 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh these are all fabulous! LOVING that Christmas tree on your tag! So CLEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

What a purrfect header for your little Kitty album. Too cute! Fabulous tag and invitations, too. xxD dlmundinger(at)yahoo(dot)com USA

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh your Blackie album is going to be fabulous - I am loving it so far! Your other projects are gorgeous too! Glad you're having fun at the Cat Lovers Hop!

KT Fit Kitty
Canada
fitkitty1 at gmail dot com

Princess Judy Palmer said...

It all started when I heard a faint little "meow." Now there's a story I could read (and relate to). What a sweet journal page for Blackie. Your Christmas tree is way cool too. I tend to be in denial that Christmas is coming.
PJ from US, princessjudy4 @ yahoo.com

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

its so cute header!
Fiki from Croatia fikreta.posavec@gmail.com

Carole said...

Lovely makes for all three events, Mandy - I can see you've been very busy! Love your header page for Blackie's mini album! x
caroleannjones2 (at) msn (dot) com
UK

Viki Banaszak said...

Wow! You have been very busy with all those lovely projects. banaszakv58atgmail.com USA

Karenladd said...

Lovely projects, and your cat mini album looks like it's going to be just fabulous. I had a little feral named Bailey who never quite tamed himself, but was always my very favorite cat.
kladd98403 at aol.com

Lizzy Hill said...

My GOSH! You really have been busy - crafting up a storm! A DRYER SHEET> well! I never!!! I almost kept some paper towel that had a whole lot of gold ink spray on it today, but sort of reluctantly tossed it in the bin. You've convinced me to get it out tomorrow!!!! LOVE Blackie's album!!! So cute:) And I've already seen your Halloween invites. NICE!!

Lizzyc said...

Wow you have been busy, I love the tag, the silver is stunning and great texture too.. love the pussy cat page and fabulous cards too.. I hope your week is going well..

D.Ann C said...

A great opening page for Blackie! (USA - dcomer1 gmail)

Rebecca Yahrling said...

I am so excited to learn Blackie's story.
That tree tag is spectacular!!!

Christi Conley said...

Awwwww - those faint little meow's get me every time! Can't wait to read the rest of the story! And that Christmas Tree Tag is amazing!! Christi ~ StampinDiva@Yahoo.com ~ USA

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Welcome Mandysea to the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style! I am delighted to have you playing along this year. Your first tag is amazing. Your Christmas tree is just so cool. So interesting and original what you have done with the dryer sheet. It has created such an terrific texture. Love how you have decorated your tree too. What a great start for the 12 Tags. Thanks again for joining in the challenge. Looking forward to seeing what else you will create along the way.

Hugs,
Linda

The Altered Paper said...

Looking forward to seeing your album when its done! and Fabulous tag. Tee
USA thealteredpaper(at)gmail.com

ike said...

Wonderful projects and the Christmas tree on the drier sheet is fantastic.
I am so glad your Mojo has finally come back to you :-)

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh wow! Stunning projects!!!

raggiodiluce82 at gmail dot com

Italy

Dana said...

Fabulous kitty page!!! USA drwarrenankh at hotmail dot com

Michele K. Henderson said...

There's some special kitty karma reserved for people who adopt black cats! Blackie is one gorgeous and lucky cat to have wandered into your heart! I love the fun design too!
Take Care!
Michele, USA
crimsonowl@charter.net

Sue LD said...

Fabulous projects. Love the beginning of your cat album.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA

Janis said...

WHOA!!!...STOP. Stop right there and back up....A DRYER SHEET???? And put through your PRINTER!!! ARE YOU INSANE????? Hahahahaha....I am just teasing abt that last part! (sort of) :D That tag is absolutely spectacular. I can't take my eyes off of it, even though I am really here to look at your cat mini album page!!! Crafters never cease to amaze me with what they can do with the most commonplace items, turning them into pieces of indescribably magnificent art...like your tag!!! WOW, Mandy!!! Just WOW!!!

Okay....I think I am ready to talk about your cat page. Awwwww....this is so sweet. I love that your mini is small enough that you can share your pages with us regularly. Love the sweet playful, stretchy little posture of this kitty image of Blackie!! The little portrait and hearts are a charming touch. Adorable!! Looking fwd to seeing more!

Thanks so much for participating in the 2016 Cat Lovers Hop!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com


Alexandra Trofimov said...

Did your draw Blackie for your front page? It's wonderful! www.pinkcraftymama.com

Team Clark said...

Your tag is tremendous! Those baubles are amazing and I adore the color scheme. What inspiration. Glad you are playing along. Hugs, Autumn (SewPaperPaint)