Monday, 6 June 2016

Our Beautiful World and oh boy... what a horrible weekend!

 
 
 
First up we'll start with the lovely
  
 
where the theme is
 
'REFLECTION'
 
Paige and her French friend Margot
 
 
 
Share your 'REFLECTION' photography stories
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------
 
 
You may have heard that the east coast of Australia has been lashed with rain and high winds.
Houses, possessions and lives lost.


 
And Tasmania is having its fair share.
 Towns here have been  and are being evacuated due to flooding. The Army moved in to help


 One body found and two people are missing presumed drowned.
  

My husbands truck this morning......
 
It's looking rather 'jack-knifed pressed hard up against the others and
into the tanks.   Lost is two B-doubles and 3or 4 other semis. The office - computers -everything have gone. It will probably 3 weeks before the office is up and running again and new trucks sourced.
Some of the other businesses in the same road lost dozens of trucks - and forklifts, containers full of products.
 
This is our local jetty yesterday -
I've never seen it like this before - ever!
 
The wind shook our house.
King tides.

We (personally) are fine, we are up on higher ground.
Though, absentees where high in my classes today - not surprising.
Probably will be for a little while.
 
My prayers are with the families who have lost their loved ones,
 to those who have had to leave their houses, lost possessions, to the farmers already battling loses with animals and livestock swept away or trying hard to save them...


 
We can only imagine .....
 
 
xx
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh my GOSH! That is a real mess there...your poor hubby - that's AWFUL. I mean, it's your livelihood......devastating. And I hope your renovations didn't mean you got water in your place, either.... like you say, peeps are worse off. But even so. Feeling for you. Take care. Hugs and Blessings from here xo

riitta k said...

Oh my - just terrible. I'm so sorry to read this. The nature is unpredictable. Stay safe & take care.

Ariadne said...

I am so sorry for all the losses of life and the damages you personally had. I hope things will be better soon!AriadnefromGreece!

Lizzyc said...

oh I am so sad to read and see the loss from this huge storm, it is so devastating.. we went through that in 2011 up this way.. so frightening, and so sad to lose lives too.. stay safe.. i hope your hubby;s trucks can be replaced quickly .. take care..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry you all are going through that ... I can't even imagine :( I hope your home will remain okay -- praying for those that have lost family and their homes :(

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Mandy this is just awful to see and hear... I am so sorry for you all and everyone that has been affected ... Thank goodness you are safe ... Stay safe and know that I am thinking of you ... Love the photo for the prompt by the way ...

Deb said...

Oh Mandy, I was wondering how this horrible weather was effecting you all. Glad to hear you are all safe but so sad to hear of the losses others are having to bear.

Wen Green said...

Oh my goodness, such devastation and hard times you are all facing, Mandy. Take care dear. I'm glad to hear you are safe up on higher ground. Hugs xx