Sunday, 6 March 2016

A New Fun Downton Abbey Resource......

 
 
 
I'm a great fan of Downton Abbey... AND in 2013 Paige and I was lucky enough to go on a 'Locations Tour' when we were in England...
 You can find the post HERE

A lovely person by the name of Jo Toader emailed to let me know of a new Downton Abbey resource created:

The Ultimate Map of Downton Abbey Locations: http://www.wayfair.co.uk/aresidence/2015/12/04/downton-abbey-filming-locations/
 
I've added Jo's words below just in case there is anyone else who might want to share this too!
And I'll edit my old post linked above and add this in as well.
 
 
Our map marks over 71 Downton Abbey filming locations, with pictures, information about where they are, what scenes they feature in and how you can visit them. Our hope is that fans of the show from all over the world can fulfil their Downton dreams and see the locations for themselves.

I thought this might be of interest to you and your readers, especially as the show is sadly coming to an end on Australian TV screens soon. You’re welcome to include the map in a post of your own and get creative with it (or just add it to your existing article so your readers can follow in your footsteps easily); you could perhaps write about your favourite of the Downton Abbey locations or put together a list of the spots you’d like to visit next time you’re here, for example. The map is free and easy to embed directly from Google Maps with the following code, so long as you accredit it to
Wayfair.co.uk:

< iframe src="
https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=zth2XN15qXCY.kagBA1BhhFKc" width="640" height="480">
 

I hope this is of interest to you and if you do feature the map be sure to let me know (or tweet @WayfairUK)—we’ll be sharing related content and would be delighted to hear from you.

This is really exciting!
Scroll down on my side bar and you'll see the interactive map there already to play with!
So clever!!!
 

And I'm REALLY sad Downton Abbey has come to an end.

 71 gorgeous locations across the UK used in #DowntonAbbey that prove how amazing this show is ♥

 

xx
 

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

I'm going to miss this series also.

Ariadne said...

That's a great link, thanks for sharing!I am a great Downton Abbey fan!AriadnefromGreece!

Lizzy Hill said...

I haven't watched it at all...but my Mum is a fan & she's not happy!!!

Lizzyc said...

Oh I love this series except the one where Marys husband dies right at the end... very unhappy with that.. and yes sad it is finishing.. I do hope it all ends happily..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb said...

I'm really sad to see Downton finish.