Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Our Beautiful World, PL Sketches in Thyme, Scrapki Wyzwaniowo .....

 
 
Oh boy, I feel like I've been on a bit of a blog sabbatical! Minimum posts! Its true. 
We've had quite a bit on, and returning also to work this week takes quite a
bit of preparation and time.... 
 
So, back to routine!
 
First up...
 
 
The theme is
 
'UP'
 
This is my husband... harnessed up in the top middle of the photo, he's very sure footed
(a tree faller) so has no problems being up high!   He's on what is the '3rd story' but wasn't
allowed to go up further because they closed the '4th' because of strong wind....
something he is used to!  Paige did climb too (not pictured), and because of the wind
 didn't feel safe getting past the '1st story'.
 
 
Share your 'UP' photography stories
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------
 
 
Grab our badge
 
#13 
It's been awhile since I've joined in,
and have started my 2016 PL album...
 
Here's the great little sketch
 
And here's my card :)
 
 
------------------------------------------------------
 
 
I've started to look at how I'm going to house my Gold Coast (Queensland) holiday photos...
so I thought - yep... stick to gold!
 
I found this terrific Theresa Collins almost transparency album with gold stripes...
 
 
 
My cover page is just plain all gold... and there's a reason for that:
 
 
So when you look through the stripy cover... its not confused by a lot of patterns or colour
 

 
And that's as far as I've got LOL!
 
Weeeeell, its a start!
------------------------------------------
 
 
I've also created a cover page for my 2016 PL album...
 
with scrapki wyzwaniowo in mind....
 
 
it had to have a 'masculine' feel to it...
 
 
The photos in the LO is of a vintage book,  blue hard cloth cover,  with the title of
'Plays and Players'
'Theatre Essays'
has a 'gentleman's tone, maybe from an old fashioned library where once
 the gentry retired with port....
There's a small train with carriages that says 'take a ride' with a 'boy-ish' play on words.
 
 
 The book is my altered 2016 diary.

 
-----------------------------------------------------
 
xx
 
 


13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photo of hubby and the projects! That gold is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ariadne said...

I wouldn't want to be that high up!AriadnefromGreece!

Lizzy Hill said...

I wouldn't have even made the 1st story.... go your man! LOVE the Gold Coast album cover - very clever.....& ADORE The one for your 2016 PL. your altered diary looks FABULOUS....must say, that shade of blue is up there with my favest colours!! Hope time slows down a little for you.....LOL....well, one can HOPE!!

Lizzyc said...

I cannot DO heights, so well done to your high flyers! and wonderful creating, every bit helps! I look forward to seeing how your 2016 diary develops!

Ros Crawford said...

What a great photo! Not something you would ever catch me doing!

Sharon Bessinger said...

LOVE the colors you have chosen, and your amazing creations. Thank you so much for sharing at Sketches in Thyme Project Life. :)

Lori said...

I am so happy to see you back sharing with us at SITPL Style! I always love your work and you did not disappoint with your beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at SITPL Style!

Tores- said...

Simple composition and great colours, very interesting project! Thank you for joining us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo :)

Ashley said...

Great job with our sketch! I LOVE the pastel colors!!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme PL Style!

Wilma Voermans said...

That cover page looks great ! I love project life, wish we had it 30 years ago :) Thanks for joining us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo !

Olga Kolov said...

Great job! Wonderful memories! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo !

Pinezk Owa said...

gorgeous! thank You for playing along with Scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

Sara Scraps said...

Love the beautiful,soft card you made! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyem PL Style!