Friday, 20 November 2015

Paint Party Friday.. & Frosty Festivities Blog Event


Paint Party Friday...Week 37
Quite haven't finished this little linocut,
 and probably will paint/print some Christmas cards with it once its finished with some more detail.   I absolutely love tactile arty things.





You'll find it HERE
Paint Party Friday

-------------------------------------------




A couple more inspirations projects
 
from
 
 

 
The first one is
 
So bring on the glitter paper!!!
Oh my, I've been wanting to do one of these for ages!
 
 
 
except I only have an 8x8 paper pad cos I used up my 6x6 glitter one, but that's okay
 
 
picked out these colours... isn't that blue gorgeous!


 
And with a glass bauble and an inch punch, punched out a heap of circles


Glue a half the circle....


Start at the bottom and work the way up to the top of the bauble.



 
 
And tie with a ribbon!


---------------------------------


Next for the inspiration suggestion was....
 
Weeeell, I've had these little star brads for so long ...
and stars can be ornaments... so each star, held up a picture... Its a simple page :)
Got to love those!
2008 December Daily page..

 
 ----------------------------------------------------
 
 
  
 
 Look at this little lodger....
That's my husbands chimney scraper (to get rid of soot) and had placed it up in the eaves of the carport.... low and behold, this little bird thought it would be lovely to have an apartment built in high-rise style!  WAY cute!
 Did you spot the babies!
 
 
 xx


17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work this week, love the linocut. Great photo, too! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Lizzy Hill said...

Awwww.....your little birdy nester has good taste! The perfect hi-rise apartment!! And I do love your blue glittery ornament.....looks fabulous AND the lino cut. You are too creative altogether. Wish I could do something like this....just as well we're all different I guess!!!

Lizzyc said...

Hi! I always know you will have something inspiring on your blog... Absolutely love the Lino stamp.. How clever and cute.. Fabulous bauble decorating with the glitter papers, and clever mummy bird for making her house there, I am sure the babies will be flying off before you know it.. Have a good weekend..

Lynn Richards said...

Lots of fun ideas! Can't wait to see how your Lino cut turns out.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the stamp, the ornament and the page!! And loving that little birds nest!! How sweet is that?!?!!??!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wonderful art this week and a nice photo! Happy weekend!

sirkkis said...

I love the beautiful hanging you made. The bird is adorable in the strange place.
Happy weekend ♥

Gillena Cox said...

your bauble is beautiful and worth the process

happy PPF

much love...

Linda Kunsman said...

fantastic linocut! although I have done stamp carving it was never with this material-it looks hard. Gorgeous ornament and your color palette is very elegant looking . Love how that sweet birdie found the perfect safe haven. Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Love your ornament and that blue IS gorgeous...and the lino cut is amazing too!! Of course those birds are precious... would be fun to have video camera set up to watch them!! Thanks for sharing all this yummy art!

Hugs Giggles

Clare Lloyd said...

lots of super projects

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Great post. Lots of fun art and inspiration. Gives me some great ideas.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Lorraine said...

I can't wait to see the cards you make with the linocut! Your ornament is a sparkling sensation and the layout is wonderful.

Margot/NZ said...

Love the ornament - thanks for the 'how to' tutorial.

Susanne said...

Pretty ornament, my fingers would never be nimble enough to do that.

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous post!! Love that carving ... how clever you are and the ornament is beautiful!! But the photo of the bird with her babies... Precious!! Bless she is so happy in her apartment... I forgot that I came over to see OBW Hah! I'll check back later ... Have a great day!

Jennifer Grace said...

That glittery ornament is so cool. I want to make one, though I'd probaby switch the silver for gold, because we know that I love gold! The stars hanging up the photos look great too. Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x