Sunday, 8 November 2015

Paint Party Friday, Frosty Festivities, Our Beautiful World, Sketches in Thyme - PL style...

 
 
Quite a bit to show today... I've been busy behind the scenes with work...
it has been relentless, and every now and then, I 'down tools' and have to get creative!
Soooo, with that said, I've made time here and there and ALL day today...
what joy!!
 
 
Here's what's happening!
 
Firstly
Paint Party Friday # 35... I fell out of step here and couldn't keep up with the march...
and finally back  managing a little sketch today - made me remember why I love PPF so much!
I know I'm not some great artist, and have no illusions about that LOL, I just love to draw when I can and make a bit of a go at it!  It really produces quiet time/shut out time.
 
You can find Paint Party Friday
Paint Party Friday
 
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
Weeell,  I love anything about Christmas,
Its just such a wonderful time for family and friends, celebration and tradition
and I look forward to it every year!
And one thing I've learned (for me) is to get those Decembers recorded.
Every year when I get out the decorations, out come the December Daily albums too for family and friends to reminisce with that 'oooh I remember that day!'  LOVE it!
This year, I will be tackling my 2015 December Daily album over at 'Let's December Daily'
and have that pretty much organised.
HOWEVER,  while organising that, (hauling out Christmas stash stored away) I came across a box of photo cds and got curious if I had photos of December 2008 (the year before I started Dec Daily's) and surely enough - the CD has photos for EVERY day in December!  I could not believe it... was I that photo savvy back then?  Must have been! Bonus!
 
SO, after that little digression ......
 it's going to give me the purpose to get
my 2008 December Daily done!!
OH WHAT FUN!
I'll just get done what I can when I can when I feel like a little bit of Christmas and given myself no deadline to have this finished! But it will be finished - love to have another on the coffee table!
 
So with that said.....
Here is my 2008 December Daily Cover!
 
 
Use at least 3 different kinds of texture on your next project
 (eg. wood, glitter, thread, something shiny)
 I even had a go at one of the techniques Jennifer demonstrated...
So used Dimensional Magic to make dots and pressed some lovely coarse glitter into them
 
 
Cool hey!
 
Next...... what does the album consist of....
weeeeell, I bought some beautiful envelopes last year to use as a basis of my 2015 December Daily, but another idea took over that... so  2008 got them!
 
Stacked on top of each other.. with large eyelets in place... just needed the covers!
 
There always is that 'what to do' for the covers.
 
I had some Prima 12x6 canvas pages... from ages ago...
Sooo, cut them down....pulled out the felt 'inners' and cut it down a little more, replaced them inside...
 
and sewed them up!
  
 
 
 Add the black chalkboard paint....
 
Done!
 
 
 Now on with the first page....
Day 1!
'Find a photo with a dominant colour and use a piece of paper with the same dominant colour for the background' 
Definitely the photos had a darkness in them.. so it went well with the black background
'Blend ink onto the edges of a layout, card, tag, etc '
 And the photos, mounts and journal blocks were all inked with black
 
Santa has an overlay... loved how he turned out with it...
 
 
And wanted to show the door... the way in for Christmas!  
 
 
 There..... that's a start!!
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Next.... 
 
 
The theme this week is
"Space"
 
 This is my work....
and this space fills very quickly.... chatter, giggles, dreams, sweat, hard work and determination.
The wall on the right,  and the opposite wall unseen in the pic fold... concertina up to make even a bigger space (the one with the door is the back wall)  The one on the right opens up to the cafeteria and the opposite unseen side into Studio 2 . This one is studio 3.
 
 Join in with your 'space' photography story.....
 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
I came across this new little Project Life Card blog through Tina's blog
and thought... yep... USEFUL! 
I can get my PL cards ready for my PL album!
 
I had a couple of weeks 'missing' from 2014 so am making a concerted
effort to catch it up and finish it....
I'm up to Week 48 for Paige's Yr 12 Graduation
and want to feature Paige and three of her lovely friends who have been together since Primary school.  All grown into beautiful girls
 
 
 
Nov 1-7 = Week 1
 
Here's my card!
 
 
 --------------------------------------------------
 
 
AND.......
 Hop on over to Let's December Daily !
 
Join us as you are planning yours!
(or thinking about starting one :) )
 
http://letsdecemberdaily.blogspot.com.au/
 
---------------------------------
 
all done!  Phew....
 
xx
 
 

21 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Mandy! I absolutely love OBW! I want you to know how much I love your photograph for "space!"

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh and I love everything else you shared here, too! You have been a busy artist!!!! Everything is absolutely gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You have been BUSY!!! LOVING all of these projects! So awesome you found the 2008 photos and instead of brushing them aside you made a DD for them!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim Sparks said...

Wow!!!! Am I ever so glad I came to your blog! Love love LOVE all that you shared in this post! Your Sketches in Thyme Project Life Style card is featured this week on our blog!!!! Thank you for playing along!!! Also, thanks for sharing your link to December Daily. I will be doing my very first one this year and can't wait!
~Kim~
Sketches in Thyme PL Style Owner

Lori said...

Wow - so much beautiful work on here! Thank you so much for playing along with our first sketch challenge at Sketches In Thyme Project Life Style! Your card is fantastic!

Tina Campbell said...

Wow you are amazing at the crafting you do :) Quite the artist as other have stated :) I'm in Awe of that work space... Breathe Tina :) What a cool find on the 2008 photos (so wish I would have gotten into the daily photos taken back then and earlier years when the kids were younger :) But I got now and a couple of back years to do to catch up :) I like what you chose for the base of your Dec. Daily too
You did a fantastic Title Card for you PL page :) Glad to have you aboard to new adventure and giving it a try, Hope to see your creations each week if you can :) I plan to play along each week too so I can catch up. It's gonna be a fun month to create :)
Tina
Sketches in Thyme PL Style DT

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

WOW WOW WOW, this is one post that keep my interest going, so much beauties, so much information, I really need to check them out one at a time, thanks for sharing my friend!

Linda Kunsman said...

You have been a busy bee Mandy and I can just feel your excitement and joy about your artsy productivity! Love the candle sketch and quote. Happy PPF a little late!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

very very busy :D

and skill of an artist doesn'tt matter at all as long as they create which you have one a lot here :)

Lizzy Hill said...

PHEW, alright.... Where to start, Ms Headspinner!!!! Well, glad those envelopes are getting used...& J Grace in the mix! Brill! Your painting always astounds me. I'd have to call mine 'abstract' cos otherwise you'd never know what is was I was attempting to draw... Another fab quote..... The PL cards look amazing & the studio space brill - VERY similar to St Joey's school where I worked... Down to the floor & door in the wall right there! Bizarre...,

Deb said...

You HAVE been busy. I just love what you are doing with your 2008 December Daily. It will be gorgeous. Love your little quote page and PL style card too.

Christine said...

Wonderful collection of work this week!

Lizzyc said...

Wow you are busy! Love your light pages, and fabulous DD for 2008, you are clever the way you have made this album... have a good week!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgoodness, what a post! Love all your busy, happy projects! What an absolute score that you found photos for every day in Dec. 2008! That is like a gift all in iteself. Your album is looking beautiful. Really loving the touches of black mixed in. Lots of pretty photos, too! And your drawing and journal page are just awesome!

Valentina Dalmonte said...

Wow! I really like how you worked the sketch!
Thank you for playing along !!!
Valentina DT Sketches in Thyme PL

Cherished said...

Love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme PL style.

Barbara Greenberg said...

I really like this card so glad you joined us at Sketches In Thyme PL

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! Wonderful post Mandy!
I love all of your projects!!

Ashley said...

Love your PL card! The four little girls in the bottom corner are perfect to go with your photo. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme PL Style!

~Ashley
Sketches in Thyme PL Style DT member--Team #1

Jennifer Grace said...

Wow, lots going on here, and all beautiful! You 2008 Dec Daily album looks great in black, it's so striking! Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

SomethingAboutMarie said...

I love your drawings, your album & your card !!!! Thank you for joining us @ Sketches In Thyme PL!!!!