Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Frosty Festivities....

 
 
I've completed a few more FROSTY FESTIVITES inspired challenges...



 
 
And what I love about this is that these are things I would never even think of trying..
or haven't done in a loooooong time.....
so its so great to step out of the norm!
 
One of the inspirational suggestions is to:
 
 
I was looking for some penguin inspiration online (because penguins really weren't something I'd thought about or shown interest in scrapping) and came across a REALLY interesting site...(which is too fabulous not to share!) and as a result..... here's my end result!
He is a very cute little fellow! 
Once made up.... I added some gems.
 
Its a little box!
And sooooo easy to cut out fold and put together!
I printed it out on white cardstock
 
  There are other wonderful characters there too...
If you have children, or want to give a little gift - this would be lovely on the Christmas table for them filled with smarties or M&M's or a little play toy.
 
This is the SITE 
 
 And check out  over on the right side of the site for the other fabby little boxes!  (look at the bat, Grinch and reindeer among others!)
Now..... I would NEVER have found this had I not gone looking for Penguin inspiration!
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Soooo, looking at the inspiration suggestions again.. I went with these:
 
I loved my last little Christmas tree card (made for the hop) so much... I had another go at another one... but this time, I've tweeked it a little...
Here's my last one
You can find the template here
 
 
 
And here's the one I've played with a bit, not as many branches
(is that what it would be called? Jutty out bits)
And jagged along the bottom .  I've also coloured the 'tree trunk' black.
 
 
 
But this time, I've sewn along the two sides and bottom and it holds closed well.....

 
And stamped down one side.. the 'enjoy'  turns to 'joy' because...


 
I've made it a gift card wallet :)


 
And with a hole punch in the corner.... and a bit of ribbon... the gift card could hang on the tree :)
(yes, just with the bit of stitching across the bottom, it holds really well
and makes it easy to get a gift card out)


 ------------------------------------------------------------------


Soooo, next, I went with these inspiration suggestions....

Use the phrase ‘Santa Claus Is Coming To Town’ on your next project

Use a digital overlay, stamp etc on your next project – either a digital project or a hybrid one
 (where you’ve printed something)

I've used a bit of this printing on transparency technique before - and like many techniques
 just forget about them!
Having a jet printer, it needs the correct printing acetate to go in it.
And a very long time ago, I found it!  In an office shop - no choice but to buy a box of 50 (A4 size) so lets just say I've got HEAPS!  
This inspiration was a great reminder to get it out and do something with it!
I always print out  a draft first on copy paper to make sure I've sized it right...then feed my transparency in...
You can actually just slightly see the textured side of the plastic... this is the side that is printed upon....

With this, I turned into a shaker card by stitching the transparency on the front of the card trapping clear sequins underneath. 



The lighter the paper underneath...the brighter the printed acetate will appear and this has a slight pattern on it... which worked perfectly without it taking over.





You can find the
FROSTY FESTIVITIES
HERE




---------------------------------------------------------


AND.......
 Hop on over to Let's December Daily !
 
Join us as you are planning yours!
(or thinking about starting one :) )
 
http://letsdecemberdaily.blogspot.com.au/

xx



 


7 comments:

Deb said...

Ooooo! These are all gorgeous. I love that little penguin.......sooooo cute. Your tree card is wonderful and love that little shaker too.

Lizzyc said...

Wow so much inspiration in this post. Thanks for sharing that site and your Christmas tree cards and love the penguin too! I shall pop over and have a look at that site.. Mr Google is pretty good at finding stuff!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh these are all wonderful! LOVING that adorable penguin and the tree gift holder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what awesome projects, Mandy! Those Frosty Festivities challenges are really fun and different from a lot of the typical challenge sites. And you really rock them! That little penguin box is so, so fun! My son used to love penguins when he was little, so I have a real soft spot for them. Looks so cute with the gems you added, and would make anybody break into a smile. Your gift card holder tree card is amazing, too! Really love the stitching and love the plaid pattern on the tree. And your transparency shaker card is absolutely adorable, too! Love the mix of fonts and colors on the text. So awesome!

Lizzy Hill said...

You always come up with great ideas.....the chrissy tree 'alterations' looks fabulous & I'm super impressed with your printing.....the shaker pocket looks wonderful!

Manuela said...

wonderful projects, and the tree card is great!

Jennifer Grace said...

More amazing projects! That penguin box is totally cute and I hadn't heard of that site before either. Of course I love the gems you've added to him! The tree card is very clever, and I adore the printed transparency turned into a shaker card! Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x