Sunday, 15 November 2015

Frosty Festivities.... PL Sketches in Time.....

 
Frosty Festivities Event....
 
Continuing on with my 2008 December Daily..
and inspired by 'Frosty Festivities'
 
 
 

  
Here's the page...
The inspiration criteria is:
I've used Viva Gold Inka  rubbed onto the black cardstock under the photos
The word 'Sparkle' would count wouldn't it?
Sequins.... and some gems
 
 
And on the reverse side....
(still Day 2)
Some more Viva Inka Gold rubbed under the photos - colours are Aquamarine & Graphite
There's my little blue sparkly house....


The little sparkly house is wood veneer,  with some Dimensional Magic

Sprinkle the coarse glitter....


Dried...

 
Now, don't you loathe it when glitter, bit by bit still comes off....
Weeeeeell, fixed that!  Put some more Dimensional Magic over the top of the glitter

And let it dry.... worked a treat and all glitter is contained
(big smile!)
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Day 3
The back of the envelope...
 
 
And some paper piecing worked a treat!
 

 
 
along with a little snowman....

 

 

 

 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Day 4
Changed to a blue envelope now...
Not quite a card... but still tackled the stamps and embossing... and lets just say...
I'm learning.. I've only had a few attempts at embossing in the past, and I like the technique...
 so it can only get better :)
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
PL Sketches in Thyme..
 
Lucky me...
From my sketch last week,  I got featured!
(very big smile!)
 
 
 
 
 
And got this little badge!
 
 
 
So that brings me up to...
(and running a little behind!)
 
And here's my card
its for a wedding from the beginning of the year which I had not scrapped at the time because I was waiting on the photos... and of course even when I received them, I had put them aside and the page was missing from my PL album.. now.. though....
its done!

 
You can find the challenge HERE
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
AND.......
 Hop on over to Let's December Daily !
 
Join us as you are planning yours!
(or thinking about starting one :) )
 
http://letsdecemberdaily.blogspot.com.au/
 
xx
 
 
 


15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are just gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb said...

I love how your little 2008 December Daily is coming along. What a great idea to take inspiration from Frosty Festivities. Your little PL card is gorgeous too.

Lizzy Hill said...

Where to start??? Your album is coming together so nicely....that sequin house is my favest. Must remember the glossy accents over the top trick! Looks great.....loving your PL cards... & congrats on the feature:) And my gosh, you're putting a dent in Jennifer's challenges....I've slackened off a little! Oh! That's right...heat embossing....LOOOOOOOOOVE - makes brill bg texture, too.... glad you're enjoying it:):)

Lizzyc said...

you have been busy! each PL piece looks wonderful.. love the tip about DM over the glitter, how clever! Have a good week ahead!

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats on your win!! And my this daily looks so amazing!! It will be a treasure!

Kim Sparks said...

I am so enjoying your DD!!! Love the coarse glitter and that darling snowman you created. Your card for week 2 is fabulous. You are just such a talented artist! So glad I get to see your creations!
Thanks for joining us again this week!
Kim
Sketches in Thyme Project Life Style Owner

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

You captured some lovely memories through your photographs. I also love that glitter technique, and that snowman is adorable. Blessings!

Valentina Dalmonte said...

Great interpretation! Lovely!
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme Project Life!

Ashley said...

Love your take on Sketch #2! The pops of color are the perfect addition. Thanks for playing along at Sketches in Thyme PL Style!

~Ashley
Sketches in Thyme PL Style DT member--Team #1

Emma P said...

Very very clever work! Love your cards!
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme PL Style
Emma
Sketches in Thyme PL Style Sketch Designer and DT member

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, you are SO amazing! Love your little envelope album! It's such a fun and unique shape and size, and you work it brilliantly! Your takes on the daily challenges really make me smile!

Barbara Greenberg said...

Love what you did with both PL cards. Great work and congrats on being featured. Well deserved.

Lori said...

Such beautiful artwork here! Love what you've done with the week 2 sketch. The colors and bits of embellishing are just great. Thanks again for joining us at Sketches In Thyme PL Style!

Jennifer Grace said...

Amazing pages! My absolute fave is the santa hat on the photo, but the doodled snowman comes a close second, excellent work! Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

SomethingAboutMarie said...

OMG I love your album!!!! Your pages are amazing!!!! Love your sparkly house, Christmas hat & snowman!!!! And your card is just gorgeous!!!! Thank you for joining us @ Sketches In Thyme PL!!!!