Thursday, 26 November 2015

Frosty Festivities - Christmas Elf.....

 
 
Oh what fun!

Isnt this little Christmas Elf just gorgeous!!
Its part of
 
 
 



And Jennifer Grace has this fabulous template and instructions to follow
Christmas Elf Cute Felt Onament Template and Tutorial at Jennifer Grace Creates
 
Except I wanted it to be more than an ornament, so I tinkered a little and made it a 'stand-alone'!
The reason being - I made this fabulous Santa last year for the same blog event and it seemed fitting to have a mate! Though the Santa will be bigger.  (Would have loved to have photographed them together but 'Santa' is still put away with decorations)
 
 
I also enlarged the template of the elf a little too....

 
 
I got to this stage when I had a thought to make it more 3D
I also moved the sleeves out a bit, and cut two extra of them for the back part
 
 
 
Cut out a little gusset just by sort of measuring it might fit (and did!)

 
 
And broke off a skewer and propped it through the middle to the top of the hat
 (just in case it goes floppy)
And also padded the insides with some scrap felt


 
 
Gusset sewn in... truly simple as!


 And a little bag of rice for the bottom
(learned this from the Santa instructions last year!)

 
 
 And here she is!
Just love the hand-sewn effect on this... nothing too neat and tidy!
haha... she actually looks like she has a shawl on rather than sleeves!

 
You can join in the
 
xx
 


9 comments:

Deb said...

Ooooo! I love your little elf. She is sooooo cute. I love her little star charms and she is going to look sooooo sweet sitting next to your wonderful Santa.

Lizzy Hill said...

Amazagobs! Love how you've made her your own:) v clever you are!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Oh she is cute and I am sure she will love being Santas special friend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo gorgeous! I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thats cute, well done :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

YOu are so creative! What a wonderful project!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awwww, this little elf is stealing my heart!!! I love her! Fabulous colors and I love the hand-stitching. The beads and silver stars are such wonderful accents. Can't wait to see this with your Santa!

Frances said...

What a beauty!

Jennifer Grace said...

AHHH! Amazing! What a perfect partner for Santa. She looks fabulous, and yes her sleeves do look a bit like a shawl but that works too! I am so glad you put your own spin on my elf and made it amazing! Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x