Monday, 16 November 2015

Frosty Festivities Blog Event HOP!

 
 
Heeeello!!
 
Welcome to the my blog as part of the Frosty Festivities HOP!
 
You have probably made it here from the absolutely lovely LESLIE'S blog
And this is all belongs to
 
 
(and if at any time you get lost - head back to Jennifer Grace's blog
where the start, hop list and finish are!)
 
Jennifer Grace is giving away this super prize
Frosty Festivities 2015 Blog Hop Giveaway at Jennifer Grace Creates
Enter to win by commenting on all the blogs in the hop.
The giveaway closes on Sunday 6th December at 10pm GMT and is open internationally.


 
 
And for the hop...

 I've made two Frosty Festivity inspired Projects.....
 
Firstly a Christmas Tree Card
using Basic Grey 'Jovial' paper , gems and a little sentiment stamp
(sorry about the lighting - was taken after dark)
 
You can find the template here - its fairly self explanatory!
I don't make many cards but I super loved making this!  Total fun!
 
-----------------------------------------
 
Secondly, I did get inspired by Jennifer Grace's earrings...
and had an idea in my head I wanted to play with.....
 
I love having a go at necklaces (the ones that use trays as bases) and recently bought some earrings also with 'trays' as a base.
And I hoped this might work out... an experiment really.. AND it did!
There's nothing like a bit of glitter and put my mind to working out a way to have festive solid colour of glitter in earrings and it turned out a treat ...
 
 
 Pick some glitter colour... place down some earring trays (need to be flat and level)....and Dimensional Magic!




Put a thin layer of Dimensional Magic on the base and sprinkle the glitter.
I pressed it down lightly with my finger to make sure most of the glitter was somewhat 'stuck'
and not really that messy... no more than embossing really... scoop it back up in the underneath paper and tip back into bottle.

 
 
Then, on goes the Dimensional Magic on top... it kind of 'balls' first and gets 'muddy' with glitter...
but need to work quickly



 
and soon as possible, spread it out.  It does look 'cloudy' when wet but it domes really well...
(I love the stuff!)

 
Then Paige spotted what I was doing.. and asked if I could make some other colours...
soooooooooooooooo, I did!  Its a bit addictive! 
 
Then she spied all the colours of glitter I had!  And her mind was pinging!
Whatever colour we wear on Christmas Day.. we will have matching earrings!


 
Paige loved the red ones!!  (and yes, they are that vibrant!)
 
Pretty clever huh!
 
I couldn't believe how easy it turned out to be....
 Literally takes five-ten minutes work for a pair!  And set out to dry...
 
We'll be sparkly this Christmas!
 
I hope you enjoyed my part of the hop....
 
NEXT it's time for you to visit the talented Sheena!

I may even make a pair of these for some lucky follower (old or new) who comments
your choice of colour (so long as I have it :) )

 
 
Hop, hop, hop.............
 
 
 Frosty Festivities 2015 Crafty Blog Event at Jennifer Grace Creates
 
 
 


25 comments:

Katherine Sutton said...

Gorgeous and the earring idea is fantastic they look amazing.

Shelley E said...

Great card-thanks for sharing the template and I just love your earrings. Everything goes better with glitter! This looks like a great project to use up my "oh-so-large" collection of glitter.

Janis said...

Hi, Mandy!!! I adore both of your projects! That Christmas tree card is unique and wonderful. Thanks for sharing the link for the template. I want to try that!!!
What fun earrings!! Love that non-stop sparkle. What an easy project with a definite WOW impact!! I don't wear jewelry, but my daughter does so please put my name in the hat for a gold pair for her, if I am the lucky winner. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

furrypig said...

thanks for sharing the template your card is great

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome projects! Love the beautiful tree card, and your festive and sparkly earrings!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are simply amazing! Those earrings are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Daphne said...

Like your card, will have a closer look. Also love your earrings! Great idea!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Your jewelery is lovely, very festive

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Mandy! Your card and earrings are gorgeous! Your card is so fun - I've not seen this design before - will check out your link. Those earrings are marvelous - the sparkle looks amazing! I think you've got a winner there - these would make beautiful gifts! Enjoy your day!

Claire Newcombe said...

Oh wow what fun. I've never used dimensional magic, but I think I'd really enjoy it. I can imagine how addictive it was to carry on making the earrings.
So pleased your the idea you had turned out as planned .

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely handmade pieces you have there, I will try to find sometime to hop around, thanks for sharing!
So sorry to hear about people you know in Paris was affected, such a sad time for the people and a beautiful city I love so dearly!

Kirsty Frisby said...

those earrings are beautiful!

Lizzy Hill said...

Love the glamorous Christmas card....& the even more glamorous ear rings! Just goes to show where a glittered up chrissy house will lead you:):) OOOOH!!!! And a giveaway.... Hands up for the ear rings...Paige shows them off so beautifully:)!!! I'm a blue gal myself...but of course, I'm not fussy!!! It's all the fun of wearing some glitter at Christmas:) now I suppose I'd better go start the blog hop from the start.... tonight. Off doing a perm for an old friend now:):)

Louise said...

How cool! I'd be making all the family them for Christmas :)

Julene Matthews said...

Paige makes a good model. These look wonderful (but messy).I'm in awe of your glitter collection, I have one small pink bottle.

Deb said...

Just hopping in.........to say how VERY VERY cool these earring are. Oh my goodness......this is clever. They look very sparkly and all the colours are very pretty. I do love those gold-y ones. Your card is gorgeous too.

Clare Brown said...

ooooh never heard of dimensional magic before but it looks like so much fun and the effects you get are amazing. Thank you for the inspiration.

scrappyjacky said...

I love the earrings....so christmasy and sparkly.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, those earrings are SO gorgeous, Mandy! What a clever idea, and such a fun use for all those colored glitters! Love how sparkly and festive they are! And LOVE your fabulous fun-fold tree card! Wow, such a GREAT post!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ooohhh I love the earrings you've made! So beautiful!

Sheena said...

Those earring are totally stunning x

Dolly B said...

awesome ideas, I am going to have a go at the Christmas tree card and those earrings ...... what girl doesn't like a bit of glitter and sparkle :)
Mary

LCSmithSAVED said...

Lost my comment :(
You have such an eye for stunning baubles.
Quite beautiful - the photo of Paige modeling them is a wonderful advert!
I think the red are quite gorgeous, if a pair does happen to slip into the post, wink-wink

Lorraine said...

What a pretty and clever idea!

Jennifer Grace said...

These earrings are so beautiful, you know I love glitter! I am going to have to get some of these earring 'trays'. And I'd make gold first. They turquoise. Then maybe every other colour of glitter that I own! Thank you so much for taking part in my blog hop, it was lovely to have your blog as a part of the event. x