Sunday, 4 October 2015

Sunday Sketches and Our Beautiful World

 
Up an hour earlier today!
Daylight savings has started.
In the past I've hated it and dreaded it.  Being a night owl, and with my work being primarily afternoons/nights, and children who were always hard to get to bed and to sleep... it was never welcome.
Lately, for the first time ever, I've actually been looking forward to it.
Hmmmn, what's changed?  I'm not sure, perhaps I sleep better than I did, perhaps its the welcome warmer weather.  Perhaps I don't mind getting up earlier now?
Don't know, but for now....I don't mind at all :)
 
 
Of all the easy things to draw.... I cant draw clouds!!! They look silly!
I don't think I've really drawn any before.  Oh well... another thing to practice.
 
 
 
You can find Sunday Sketches
Sunday Sketches
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The theme is
Colours of October....
 
SPRING!
And for us here in Tasmania,  the last of the daffodils are showing,
Managed to catch a little sparrow fossicking too.

 
Hope you will share your 'Colours of October' stories with us
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
xx
 
 
 


22 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Well I can't draw clouds either if that is any comfort! But everything else you draw looks wonderful! These clouds look fluffy and soft and I love them!

Sara - My Woodland Garden said...

Wonderful, happy daffodils!
Your sketches are really beautiful and inspiring.
Have a lovely spring!

Ros Crawford said...

Well I love you page! And your daffodil photo is beautiful ... I love daffodils!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that quote and the kite with the clouds!!! And loving your photo!!! Beautiful!!!!!

Jane Lazenby ~ Artist said...

I love your clouds! that is all they need to be, just a thought up in the sky.... the flowers are beautiful too. I hope you have a great day!!

Gallery Juana said...

visiting from sunday sketches.
I forgot all about daylight savings. it hasn't begun yet on our side of the world. Spring daylight savings change is always a tougher change in time. Glad it went smoother for you and was something to look forward to this year.

Love the inspirational journal page!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

clouds can be a pain in the butt to draw aqnd make them look fluffy like the real ones. yours look good with the kits, can tell they are clouds :)

I am not a morning person, at all! lol

Tammie Lee said...

such a charming sketch. My father loved to fly kites we would make of newspaper, they would always crash and break, but that was ok.

Studio Kaufmann said...

Love your cheerful kite journal
Clouds are pretty easy to do in watercolor you should try that!
#sundaysketches

Lorraine said...

lovely page and great message

Christine said...

Lovely pages today nice red kite

Fallingladies said...

I think your clouds are just perfect, very sweet looking in fact.

stefanie stark said...

I love it how you put all these things together! Thes altered book pages looks enchanting ... even your clouds :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Giggles.....clouds are your weak point, eh? Wouldn't have known if you hadn't said. They look like clouds - which is better than I could do!!! Love the kite... & the daffodils. SO miss the spring bulbs being here. I don't mind Daylight savings. I think having no kids to get to bed when it's still daylight makes it a lot easier!!! I LIKE the long evenings!

alarmcat said...

your pages turned out really nice!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your happy doodles and love your quotes! Always puts a big smile on my face! And for the record, I think your clouds are perfect!!

rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...

Love this. It feels so timely, like you created this journal spread just for me! :D

Valerie said...

Beautiful journal spread and lovely picture!

Alexandra said...

I absolutely love the red/white combination with this piece. Incredibly fun and magical. :)

Wen Sylvestre said...

Your spring is as yellow as our autumn :) How wonderful to see the first flowers of the year, enjoy! Your painting is beautiful Mandy!

Lorraine said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. There are all kinds of clouds. Yours look fine. And so do the daffodils. I know that it's spring where you are but it still seems strange to see daffodils at this time of year. Hope you have a lovely spring!

Manuela said...

wish you a great spring time, fun to see them! beautiful page, love the look of your sentiment!