Saturday, 31 October 2015

Cat Lovers Hop Last One! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

 
 
 
 
 
It's been so lovely going down memory lane,
re-giggling at the antics of a funny old black cat!
 
 
So here's one last post for
 
 
 
Blackie being an ex-feral, has never taken to getting up on furniture to nap.
It's one of the reasons we bought him his very comfy bed kept on the floor in the lounge near the fire.
 
But he suddenly went through a spate of getting up on the furniture...
it was a really random thing to do, and has never done it since...
We wondered what was going on in his head???
Of course we'd let him nap wherever he wanted and was really amused to thinking finally after all these years!
 
The first two pics I've posted here before, the third I had originally done in blue but was dull for where I wanted to put it in my Project Life album,  I've re-scrapped it in yellow... bright and happy!  It's this one I'll enter into Cat Lovers Hop :)
 
 
So, out of the blue, Blackie gets up on dh's foot stool, and it looks none too comfy either!
And tries to nap
(Chirp mentioned here is our little bird who has the  nerve to swoop him - and yes ex-feral  who ducks or runs away!!! 
 
 
 Then a few weeks later... progressed to dh's armchair!


 
Then not long after the armchair incident... went from my scrapping chair to on my desk!
I was stunned and of course took LOTS of photos!!
And there it ended, perhaps he thought it wasn't all it was cracked up to be?
 
 
You can find all the Guidelines and  FAQS.....
And upload your  projects
 
http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/winner-and-biggggggggg-announcement.html
 It's been a blast!
 
 
 
------------------------
 
 
Soooo, while we have this post to go.... and....still tripping down memory lane..
here's a little HALLOWEEN booklet I did on Blackie back in 2009....
(lol, you might notice a pic from the 'printer incident'!)


 
.
------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

 
 Got a little party going on tonight!!

 XX




 


16 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

amazing creations!
you did great job!
so many wonderful creations!
hugs

Jerrie said...

OMGosh that cat tree is FANTASTIC!! That will be one showcase for your party !! Your journal is so cool and your card is perfect for the ending of the Cat Lovers blog hop~~

Karenladd said...

I have greatly enjoyed seeing your layouts of Blackie and hearing the story of how this shy feral cat came to be your special kitty! I guess that Blackie started to wonder why his humans were always sitting on furniture instead of on the floor and was afraid he might be missing out. So he had to give it a try! My cat Teddy, has slept in a basket on top of the counter in the laundry room for years and years but recently began climbing into the laundry hamper and sleeping upon the dirty clothing instead. I wondered if he might be having a little trouble jumping up and down from his usual perch now that he's getting on in years (I know that I can't leap up onto the counter the way I used to...ha!). So I made him a nice cozy bed on a shelf in the laundry room instead, where he only has to step up about a foot and a half. He likes it much better and I may be able to retire that old cat basket now and actually have space on the counter to folding clothes..yay! Thanks for helping make this hop so much fun!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love how you have chronicled the life and adventures of Blackie! He has certainly come a long way! You are really inspiring me to do something like this for my kitties - I have some great inspiration here to get me started! Thank you!

C. M. Taylor said...

Your cat tree is stunning...........so how'd you do that?
All oof your art work is wonderful. I think the book mark gets my vote for the the best! I love the cat looking down. Now I have to go see if I have that one in my stash! TFS

D.Ann C said...

It's been fun watching you scrap Blackie's life. I'm sure he's got a t-shirt with a picture of your furniture on it that says 'been there. done that. got the t-shirt.' lol!

vinita jain said...

Wow! That is so interesting and wonderful journaling about your furry baby! I really enjoyed all the journaling during this amazing hop! And I love that Halloween Tree pic with full of cats!

Lizzy Hill said...

THe cat tree cracked me up....it's funny how animals go through phases.....bit like us, eh??!!! Love that he TRIED to 'be a cat' & sit on desks etc.....Our dog has a bed in the lounge, a bed on the end of the spare bed in the room beside the lounge, a blanket at the end of our bed and has taken over the couch too. Hmmmff! Animals, gotta love 'em!! Oh, & I really like the PL spread with the 3 cards and the table, always sooo clever, you are:):) Thanks for sharing your love of Blackie:)

Lizzyc said...

Cats really have great personalities! Love the pl pages in yellow! Have a good weekend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a sweet story to share!! I loveeeeeeeee your pages with Blackie!!!!!!

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Awesome layouts of beautiful Blackie. Cats are funny creatures for sure. I don't think laying on the computer desk would be all it's cracked up to be either. lol

Christi Conley said...

Wow!!What a joy to read all about Blackie (and I am jealous as I have been meaning to scrapbook my cats for years now - I certainly have enough pics!!) - he reminds me of Boo, who has since passed to the Rainbow Bridge. Boo was about 3 months when I got him and he attached himself to me and refused to even acknowledge another human being. It took me 3 weeks to get him out from under the bed, 5 years (and I am NOT kidding) for him to allow my ex to touch him (Boo knew what he was doing - he was trying to wait until I dumped the creep!) and in his whole life, 17 years, the only other person to touch him was my mom. He even looked like Blackie, but he was an orange tabby, sorta. I am blessed to have the Fabulous Feline Five, which includes my first black cat, a female, named Mew (long story). Thank you so much for the trip down memory lane (and you really must get buying some cat stamps!) Hugs! Christi

Janis said...

Mandy, your pages and stories about Blackie have been a real joy. I think we all would agree they have been one of the many highlights of this Cat Hop!!

You have inspired me to do more with my cat photos. I don't scrap at all, but I might have to start. (Eeeek! Just what I need: something new to keep my busy! Thanks!!! lol...) I love your pocket scrap pages with those fabulous photos and your wonderful journaling. And I adore your little Halloween album.....and that black cat tree!!! Oh, my.... Soooooooooo fun!!!

Thanks so much for all the things you've shared with us during the hop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP EXTENDED! Last day to LINK: Nov. 1. Last day to COMMENT: Nov. 3. HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!

ike said...

What a gorgeous booklet and I definitely want a Chrimbo tree like that :-D
I must say that Blackie doesn't look at all comfortable on any of the furniture does he ?? How strange for him to try it out though :-D
Great cat pages and lovely to meet you and him on this Hop :-D

Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

Manuela said...

cool booklet and great photos especially the cat tree ;-))

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome! I LOVE all your Blackie stories and pages!