Sunday, 27 September 2015

Sunday Sketches and Our Beautiful World

 
 
It's school holidays here  (Spring Break)
Its so nice to take a more relaxed lifestyle...
though lol - I've decided to spring clean!
Yes its THAT time!
The garden is in full bloom and the bees on our fruit tree blossoms are a
 hive of activity (pardon the pun) with many flying visitors of sorts
I have taken the time though, this weekend to get stuck into the little
vintage book,  its been lovely not to think about much else :)
 
 
It's hard to see the beautiful gossamer/shimmer/sparkle of the Twingling H20's from the photo above, the camera just does not capture its end result beautiful like we see in real life,
 so here are some close-ups  
 
(using Mystique-blue, Kiwi-green, and Solar Gold - is my absolute favourite)

 
 
 
Happy Sketching on Sundays!!
 
You can find
SUNDAY SKETCHES
Sunday Sketches
-----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
The word this week is
 
'Bricks'
in the Art Studio garden
 
 
 
And don't freak out....
but here's a photo of ornaments hanging from our mantle at Christmas last year.....
Yes I KNOW!   (too soon??? - maaaaybe not - read on!)
 
In less than a week, it will be October... and for those of you who are into
'December Daily's' - you'll know what I mean..... we start looking at supplies,
(especially the new paper and embellishment ranges starting to arrive in scrapbooking shops !!)
blogs, pinterest, inspiration from anywhere and everywhere to conjure thoughts of
what kind of December Daily to create this year.
 I cant wait!!
I LOVE Christmas!
 
I digress.... sorry.....
How wonderful though to dress up the brick fireplace at such a beautiful time of year!!!
We have two - double the fun!
 
What about your photography stories for 'bricks'
See how easily photos can tell so much!
We'd love to see them...
so....
share
 
 
 
 xx
 
 
 


17 comments:

Gallery Juana said...

Hi Mandy, Even though Autumn has arrived for us in my part of the world, I am still seeing dragonflies. I do love watching them glide and zip around. I love your dragonfly page and dragonfly wisdoms. The metallic paints are really cool.

Deb said...

Ooooo! I do love your dragonfly and her fabulous advice. AND how gorgeous is that brick path! and your beautiful mantle too. AND AND AND looking forward to December Daily-ing too.

Ros Crawford said...

Ooooh a fabulous book entry!! So beautiful ... I really need one of those books!
Love your brick photos even though I did squint at the Christmas one haha! Have a beautiful sunday!

Lizzyc said...

Oh yes I am enjoying the school holidays, although with a new baby I have been so busy!! One more week! Love your pages, the dragon fly is superb, perfect right to the veins on the wings! And great quotes too! Enjoy the week ahead!

Lizzy Hill said...

I guess, since I've been making Chrissy cards since February I can't possible say 'too soon' 'too soon' for the Chrissy decorations or December daily eh? I watched and admired last year. And will prob do the same this year. My son and Grand boys and wife will be in NZ [sigh, sad face] all over Christmas.....so it will be quiet. MIGHT get the one from the USA home, maybe....so that would be nice.....but then again, one shouldn't wait for a busy month to do the Daily. It should reflect life as it is....maybe I WILL join in!!!! SORRY. Thinking out loud. AND love your Dragon fly. Now if only it would drop a few grandbabies as it flies on past, heehee! And the shimmer is gorgeous!!! ENJOY your slower slow break from everything:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

It's never too early for Christmas!!!!!!!! I love love love your page!! LOVING that dragonfly and the quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Love your fancy brick pathway, Mandy and yes I too love Christmas and all the fuss that goes with it...Have a great week Robyn

Wanda said...

Mandy, your dragonfly looks like he just flew out of heaven and got gold dust on his wings. This is beautiful....and what a smart dragonfly... I will remember his wisdom as I live my life this week. Love you tons...Your work inspires me every visit. Have a great Sunday.

carol l mckenna said...

Love your gorgeous rendition of the dragonfly! Elegant!

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Valerie said...

Your dragonfly-spread is absolutely gorgeous!
So are your pictures ;-)
I'm so glad internet exists, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to enjoy all of the beautiful artworks you show us in every of your blogposts!
Hadn't heard of December Daily before, so I'm going to take a look at it ;-)

Christine said...

Love your dragonfly and those sparkly wings! It's too early to think of Christmas for me lol.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

ooh shiny :D

great job with the wing detail :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love your art journal, the dragonfly is stunningly beautiful!
I took my first dive into December Daily through you, this will be my third year. YAY!
Whether is the bricks pave to the art studio or your brick wall fire place, they are both awesome!

Fallingladies said...

Love your brick photo and those beautiful twinkling dragonfly wings!

Manuela said...

Dragonfly what an beautiful insect. We have a lot here in our garden, i love to watch them, how they fly around! the shimmer of the twinklings on the wings is gorgeous!
Your brick shots are great!

Alexandra said...

Your dragonfly is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE love the gold on its wings. Well done. As far as Christmas? - it's not too early for me. I wish we could celebrate it all year. hee hee :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgoodness, your dragonfly is stunning! LOVE the color, the shimmer, and love the quote. The reed a good book part made me laugh! Gorgeous brick photo, too! I was just thinking last night how close we're getting to Christmas already... yikes, I'm not ready for that!