Monday, 3 August 2015

Sunday Sketches

 
 
This freezing Monday morning our state woke to a Winter Wonderland with many schools and highways closed, and as I sat down at my computer and looked out the window -
softly, snowflakes drifted past. 
It was the inspiration what to quickly sketch up this morning (we were away for the weekend) so I could get another page done in Hannah's book and upload it to
 before it closes in a couple of hours and I have to get ready for work...
Alexandra also spoke in her post about believing in yourself and be your own kind of beautiful...
so true of the snowflake....
 
 
I'm not sure that its the best snowflake drawing ever, never drawn one before - and I might keep practicing.  BUT, that silly white Derwent Graphik line painter kept leaking over the page - yes you can see the splotches... it says to depress the ball a couple of times to keep the paint flowing and no matter how lightly pressed to keep the thing sketching - OUT it pours in big blobs about 1cm round !!!  Anyway, I could put it down to looking 'frosty' with a squint!  Nevermind...... 
 
 
All in all, its still gives it's message on this very freezing day, 
 oooh and the sun has just come out!
 
Sunday Sketches
 
You can find the challenge
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Don't forget to join in here:
 
What you can do with a kraft coloured paper bag?
 
 
----------------------------------------
 
 
AND
 
 
Share your  'stitch/es' photography stories

  HERE
 
 
 
xx
 
 


23 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

GIGGLES....re the snow flake and WHITE PENS.....aaagggghhhhhhh! They could have a whole post of their own! I did REALLY enjoy your chilly puns, though. And a GOOD page done! Hope you enjoyed your winter wonderland whilst it lasted:):)

Lizzyc said...

Soooo I guess you don't want to hear me say it was 26 degrees here today and I was in a t shirt and jeans??? Ok I won't then!!!! Love your snowflake, it looks wonderful to me, and love the inspirational messages too! I do believe we are getting some cold weather tomorrow! I have the wheel barrow is full of wood!! Keep warm!

Karen Maggio said...

Very fun! Hard to think about snow when the weather is so warm here and there seems to be forest fires everywhere in the US.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is the BEST ADVICE ever!! I knew I loved snowflakes for a reason!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE this!!!!!!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

blagh to the Derwent Graphik line painter . I was so disappointed in them, all they did was make a big mess :/ some people make wonderful things with them, but I couldn't lol

rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...

LoVe your journal spread!
Just because it's awesome AND because it offered me some cool relief and inspiration during these hot summer days "in the north."

Merry creating!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

I love your spread with this wonderful advices!
We have nearly 30 degrees today - so I enjoy your snowflake - if I look at it it gives me a feel of freshness...lol!
Happy new week - keep warm!

Möwe von der Insel said...

Sometimes I envy you people down under :)
But certainly not, if you have snow in
the middle of "summer" :))
Hope you can survive it without accidents!

Love that snowflake and the wonderful
advises it gives! I do envy Hannah for
getting this pretty book :))

Have a beautiful week!

Möwe

PS: If you want to see some sun, then
come on over to my place, I've put up
some new pictures from the beach :))

Wanda said...

Mandy ~ I just adore for snowflake page and the wonderful advice it gave. That is really clever and brilliant. I'm in the process of trying this new method for me of book page art. Hope to have something to share soon.

Deb said...

Your little snowflake looks wonderful and I LOVE the advice that it gives.

Audrey Pettit said...

I think your snowflake is fabulous, my friend, and I LOVE the advice journaling to pieces! You are just so creative!

Rita said...

I love this. Cute AND clever!

Christine said...

wonderful tribute to the snowflake Mandy! Stay warm in your part of the world!

Grantham Lynn said...

Oh I love your snowflake. I'm new to sketching only my second week joining. Thanks for coming by. I loved the embroidery too. Your
mum did do beautiful work. Thanks for sharing it!
Have a wonderful day.

Wanda said...

Hi Mandy ~ I got my first book today, and have taken out some of the pages to make it easier to use (advice from Janet) and so I'm ready to begin.... pretty excited. Thanks for your encouragement.

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Oh I love the snowflake and the words you've put with it. Beautiful!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

I think you may have sent your freezing weather up here to Queensland today... It is so cold I can't think straight... Of course for you it is possible a warm winter day but I am a complete wimp... I think I jjust saw a snow flake! Love the page... The White ov the black is quite lovely

Beth S Macre said...

What a lovely snowflake! I would say the 'blobs' show movement! Wonderful job!

Alexandra said...

Loving your snowflake page and the lovely advice. SO SO cute! It's hard to believe you're in the middle of winter there while we're in the middle of summer here! hee :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

I think your handmade snowflake is fantastic, Mandy, and I think your blobs are just bits of snowy ice peeling off the snowflake as it drifts through the air! I love the advice a lot!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Manuela said...

I love your beautiful snowflake and the it's advice :-)

Mascha said...

See a snowflake on hotest summer day - how great is this?

(When I find an paperbag, will join in the challenge too)

Gallery Juana said...

I love watching the snow fall and how the worlds quiets down. I really like your "lessons from a snowflake" journal page. And the snowflake shows perfectly against the black background.