Sunday, 30 August 2015

Sunday Sketches and Our Beautiful World.....

 
 Just felt the need to sketch a door.....
figuratively speaking...

 
 
Sometimes,  I really like the black pen and no colour, then it gets the better of me and 'need'' to apply some colour.......  why it's always feeling like its 'unfinished' like this below...
I just don't know.



Twinkling H20's - China Black, Pewter, Tahitian and Indian Copper....





Another page finished :)
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



At Our Beautiful World,
 the theme is BEADS...
 
 
Beaded dew ready to run down this plant



 
 
My mum made me this lovely stuffed fabric teacup pin cushion...
topped with lovely bead - pins.....

 
 
 
Close - up....
 
 
 
 
Hope to see your lovely
'Bead' photography
 
 
-----------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
xx
 

14 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Hi! I hope you have had a good weekend! I really love your sketches, I wish I could just start drawing like that! And then the colouring in completes it! Love the quote too! And how marvellous the little dew drops look! And your Mum is very clever! Love the cup and saucer!,

Ros Crawford said...

Oh brilliant photos!! I adore that teacup and saucer ... How beautiful!! And as always I love that Book!!

Manuela said...

another wonderful painted page, I love both version with and withour colors
great beat shots like especially the beaded dew shot

Lizzy Hill said...

Heehee......I must agree, your door looked more finished once you'd painted it:) It reminded me of the book, the Secret Garden.....& that pin cushion cup? LOOOOOOVE it!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your page! That door is gorgeous (both painted and not painted!!!) and LOVING the quote!!!!! And loving the bead photos!!!!!!!!!

Christine said...

Love your door, the leaves with dew and that adorable pin cushion, wish I had one like it!

carol l mckenna said...

wonderful sketch of the door in bw and color ~ lovely work!

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Wanda said...

Oh Mandy....love the door. Your photography is another facet of your many talents. Love the sweet little pin cushion. Trying to hone my skills with my Art Journal...it's so very different, but I'm loving it. Have a great week. Hugs.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning page spread and a fabulous pin cushion.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

really neat look for your sketch with the text, looks like someone added graffiti to the wall :)

very pretty pin cushion :D

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, beautiful journal page, Mandy! I really love the color, I have to say. I think it adds a realistic dimensional look to your amazing drawings. Loving the "bead" photos, too. Your mom's teapot pincushion and beaded pins are just adorable. So, so sweet!

JD/ Jill said...

Your pin cushion is so pretty!

I love your pages...with the wonderful creative drawings.
Thanks so much for sharing. Must give this a try!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the photo of the dew drops. However, my favorite is the one of the gorgeous teacup with beaded pins that your Mom made for you. Blessings!

Lorraine said...

I love your drawings with or without the splash of color. And I'm also loving your pincushion! How sweet.